News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2012/11/27/tom-ricks-to-msnbc-youre-just-like-fox-only-not-as-good-at-it/?hpid=z5

QuoteWhen I talked to him Tuesday, he said yeah, actually, he had had some other TV invites, but we shouldn't waste too much time clicking around looking for his next appearance: "MSNBC invited me, but I said, 'You're just like Fox, but not as good at it.' They wrote back and said, 'Thank you for your candor.'"

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gah

^^^ Whytf do people care about that guys damn pledge so much? How did he get so much power?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

twatts

Quote from: goodabouthood on November 29, 2012, 10:20:54 AM
^^^ Whytf do people care about that guys damn pledge so much? How did he get so much power?

What do you mean???  His power is derived from The People/the GOP electorate...  He would be a meaningless bag-o-doosh but for those people that listen to him and vote accordingly...  Doesn't mean he is "right" or that the voters are "educated", but that is how the popularity contest we call "the elections" works... 

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

gah

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on November 29, 2012, 11:00:17 AM

What do you mean???  His power is derived from The People/the GOP electorate...  He would be a meaningless bag-o-doosh but for those people that listen to him and vote accordingly...  Doesn't mean he is "right" or that the voters are "educated", but that is how the popularity contest we call "the elections" works... 

Terry

Well thats what I mean, I don't know that he's exactly done anything of particular significance prior to be elevated to this level of power. It's not like he was some astounding Governor or Congressman. So I don't get it. But I guess that's what happens when you're dealing with sheeple.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

twatts

Quote from: goodabouthood on November 29, 2012, 11:18:12 AM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on November 29, 2012, 11:00:17 AM

Terry

Well thats what I mean, I don't know that he's exactly done anything of particular significance prior to be elevated to this level of power. It's not like he was some astounding Governor or Congressman. So I don't get it. But I guess that's what happens when you're dealing with sheeple.

"Significance"...  I guess it depends on your perspective, but he has done a lot for "conservatives".  But yeah, "sheeple"...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

emay

Fiscal Cliff Deal compared to Phish show on MSNBC

rowjimmy

That one dude needs to lose the hat. What a stupid look when you're sitting inside on a panel discussion show.
We all know you're bald, dude.
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 29, 2012, 08:15:16 PM

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2012, 01:07:31 PM
That one dude needs to lose the hat. What a stupid look when you're sitting inside on a panel discussion show.

Perhaps he's a member of the tribe?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on November 30, 2012, 01:44:12 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2012, 01:07:31 PM

Perhaps he's a member of the tribe?

Is a poorly fitted, precariously perched, fedora a requirement of any particular sect?

runawayjimbo

Pretty sure that's Politico reporter Glen Thrush and the fedora is part of his shtick. Even his byline caricature has that stupid thing.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sls.stormyrider

What did she mean "I hope nobody gets that reference"

:-o
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

barnesy305

Quote from: slslbs on November 30, 2012, 04:51:35 PM
What did she mean "I hope nobody gets that reference"

:-o

I think it means that instead of degenerate stoners, she hopes her audience is like her. In that they pissed in the trash can in the bathroom at a Dave Matthews Band show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 30, 2012, 04:12:48 PM
Pretty sure that's Politico reporter Glen Thrush and the fedora is part of his shtick. Even his byline caricature has that stupid thing.

I stand by my position that he looks like an ass.

sophist

You have to watch the video a second time to catch it, but you'll hear, "there is more speed and cocaine in congress than acid on a phish lot."
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!