News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vibes & More for our friend, WhyWeigh

Started by gah, August 11, 2010, 03:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Quote from: mattstick on August 19, 2010, 02:23:20 PM
The address is here:

Quote from: guyforget on August 19, 2010, 01:33:51 PM
i have set up an email address and paypal account for donations:

whyweighfundraiser@gmail.com

You'll need a Paypal account to contribute.

ok i get it. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

guyforget

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 19, 2010, 01:59:05 PM
we should be able to reach the $500 or so for an ipad lickity split.

i agree.  i started the account w/ a donation from holly and i as well. 
Quote from: phishhead92 on August 19, 2010, 02:19:10 PM
donated.

i can still talk to my dad and then the rest of the money can go for something else like a computer, cause more cost effective = better

if your pops has an ipad sitting around that he's likely never going to use for much, you might as well mention to him that he could donate it to a great cause. 

Quote from: JustJezmund on August 19, 2010, 02:21:36 PM
donated.

i think im just slow, but is there a separate link for the paypal?  ive never used it before.

i think you can send money from your debit / credit card w/out having an account, but im not sure since ive had an account for many years...  start w/ the send money link on their page. 
-AD_

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Hicks

Kicked in a little, updates with the current total would be cool.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Hicks on August 19, 2010, 02:42:21 PM

thought this, myself.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

I updated the first post with guy's recent notes...

guyforget

if people have things that theyd like to donate for auction, prints, posters, memorabilia, etc, i have set up an ebay account specifically for this cause.  i think we decided that for most things, the exposure of ebay is worth what we'd save in fees by hosting the auctions themselves. 

if you have an item that youd like to auction, get in touch w/ me.  i'll probably handle all of the listings but the people who donate the items will be responsible for following through w/ prompt and proper shipment. 
-AD_

PIE-GUY

Me, too.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

willsteele

Never know quite what to say for things like this....   just glad he's alive and on his way to getting well.  Scary stuff.  Feel better WW.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

guyforget

i need mr charlie to get in touch so that we can edit that first post in the thread @ pp

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 19, 2010, 03:31:41 PM

Me, too.

last i checked we were @ $200. 

-AD_

guyforget

new ebay user: auctionsforshawn

INFO ON HOW TO DONATE A PRINT / ITEM TO BE AUCTIONED:

you will email me at whyweighfundraiser@gmail.com

the subject of your email NEEDS to be the artist last name and the name of the print - for example: Stout Telluride or Danger And I Need Sunny Days.  this is important so that i can stay organized as i will need to forward the shipping info back to you so that you can send the print to the winning bidder. 

i am thinking that all auctions need to offer free DOMESTIC USA shipping.  this way i dont have to paypal money that i collect for shipping to the individuals who will actually be shipping the prints.  this means that the people who donate the prints will be resposible for the expense of shipping.  is this a bad idea?  how else could we handle it without having all prints sent to me for redistribution?  international winners should be charged and i will forward the funds to the person who donated to cover shipment. 

in any event, it will be YOUR responsibility to ship the print via USPS Priority Mail w/ insurance for the full purchase price as well as delivery confirmation. 

your email needs to contain the following information, plugged into my template so i can simple copy and paste from the email:

Print Title:
Artist:
Edition:
Signed / Numbered:
Dimensions:
Condition / Explain any damage:
Special Notes:

one or two photos of the print / item need to be attached to the email.  they should be sized appropriately for ebay, say 600 pixels on the long edge
-AD_

disco

Quote from: guyforget on August 19, 2010, 12:57:56 PM
some people on pp are concerned that an ipad is frivolous in the face of all of his bills, so i'm going to crosspost my reply from there...

when i was there yesterday his mom was most concerned w/ keeping him busy / sane in that bed that he's confined to, and something w/ internet access would certainly help that.  when i asked what else he may need help with, she didnt say one word about all of the bills piling up.  i think that given all of the health issues that shawn has had over the past 7 years, he might have some kind of health plan or something that helps him out w/ these bills.  i honestly have no idea, its not something we've ever talked about and its probably none of my business - but he has had what im sure are huge medical bills for many years, and when asked what we should focus on, his mom said a computer would go a long way towards helping his boredom, etc.

i am going to set up a specific paypal account for this.  the password will be given to shawn so that he can monitor it and keep us honest. 

another pp member has offered to help out w/ some auction site code that he wrote for another purpose a while back.  i should be able to get it running @ week4paug.net and we can set up some auctions for the cause like that, hopefully next week.  this will keep us from having to pay fees while still keeping us honest. 

Quote from: mattstick on August 19, 2010, 09:30:03 AM
Does the hospital have wireless? otherwise a 3G iPad would have to include a data plan.

pretty sure the hospital here in denver has wireless, theyre already online using his dad's netbook and it didnt have any wireless cards or anything on it when i saw it yesterday.

99.9% of all medical stuff in a hospital is on a network (charting, meals, etc) so they have wifi
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

mbw

Quote from: guyforget on August 19, 2010, 03:44:44 PM
i am thinking that all auctions need to offer free DOMESTIC USA shipping.  this way i dont have to paypal money that i collect for shipping to the individuals who will actually be shipping the prints.  this means that the people who donate the prints will be resposible for the expense of shipping.  is this a bad idea?  how else could we handle it without having all prints sent to me for redistribution?  international winners should be charged and i will forward the funds to the person who donated to cover shipment. 

in any event, it will be YOUR responsibility to ship the print via USPS Priority Mail w/ insurance for the full purchase price as well as delivery confirmation. 

ive read about you poster d00ds and your hatred of UPS, but i can donate free shipping through them.

justjezmund

thanks guy, i figured out how to use it, but i gotta now wait for two-three days for paypal to confirm my bank.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.