News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/02/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by PIE-GUY, August 02, 2017, 11:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

8/02/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Set I: Way Down in the Hole*, Buried Alive, Kill Devil Falls, Guyute, I Didn't Know, NICU, Meat, Maze, Ginseng Sullivan, Waiting All Night, Heavy Things, Run Like An Antelope

Set II: Mike's Song>O Holy Night$>Taste, Wingsuit, Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley, Week4paug Groove

Encore: A Day in the Life

* FTP, Tom Waits cover
$ FTP, Adolphe Adam cover

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

mbw

PIE-GUY

All I know is... the next time that band takes the stage I'll be in the fucking room!!!

shoreline99

And Prince Fuckerpants will be there waiting for you. With a spicy chicken sandwich.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

pcr3

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 02, 2017, 11:38:41 PM
All I know is... the next time that band takes the stage I'll be in the fucking room!!!

I plan to be right there with you.

Great show. That second set....wowzers. Looooooong Mike's. Thanks man, would've loved to have seen that this weekend.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 02, 2017, 11:40:48 PM
And Prince Fuckerpants will be there waiting for you. With a spicy chicken sandwich.

GFY.  :samurai:

WhatstheUse?

I reeeeeaaally liked tonight! First taste jam ever??
Bring in the dude!

Insert Beer

Wait,  :phish: played the theme song from The Wire?

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 03, 2017, 12:10:13 AM
I reeeeeaaally liked tonight? First taste jam ever??

Probably the longest one ever, but it was regularly in the 12-13 minute range in the late 90s.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Insert Beer on August 03, 2017, 12:10:34 AM
lol, i thought you were kidding then i just pulled it up on youtube- sweet!  i'm sorta partial to the season when it was R &B tho.... 'keep it in the hole, down in the hole..." :music:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

whatapiper

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 02, 2017, 11:38:41 PM
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mistercharlie

Having never watched The Wire, I'm offended that people keep referring to a GREAT Tom Waits song as "the theme song from The Wire".

Do people refer to those songs by The Who as 'The theme song from CSI:*insert city*"?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 03, 2017, 06:43:55 AM

Having never watched The Wire, I'm offended that people keep referring to a GREAT Tom Waits song as "the theme song from The Wire".

Do people refer to those songs by The Who as 'The theme song from CSI:*insert city*"?

Personally I refer to them as "those songs from that show with David Caruso.  No, not NYPD Blue, the other one."
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on August 03, 2017, 06:49:00 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 03, 2017, 06:43:55 AM

Personally I refer to them as "those songs from that show with David Caruso.  No, not NYPD Blue, the other one."

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard ->  8-)
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.