News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

HBO GO

Started by VDB, February 13, 2013, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: mehead on April 02, 2014, 08:09:12 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 02, 2014, 08:05:10 PM
i have obtained an hbo go account!!!!
brushed up on some GoT for the premiere sunday.
should I start true detective? or watch some movies.....

Woody and McConny

Yup.  Start True Detective ASAP!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Wife and I watched all of True Detective in the last two weeks.

Sofa king good.

Woody is great and the McCon is strong in this one.

VDB

I've started watching Silicon Valley. I'm through three of the episodes so far. Pretty funny. The satire is particularly amusing if you like and pay attention to tech.
Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 03, 2014, 07:58:48 AM
Wife and I watched all of True Detective in the last two weeks.

Sofa king good.

Woody is great and the McCon is strong in this one.

Love this series, can't wait for the followup season.
Hope the next cast is as good as this one was.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

Anyone else watch The Leftovers?

I just finished the first season, and while I really enjoyed it, I was hoping for more answers by the end.
Anyone know wtf I just watched?

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on September 30, 2014, 08:14:35 PM

I just finished the first season, and while I really enjoyed it, I was hoping for more answers by the end.

We made it through 1 episode and never watched it again.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

I watched the first season as well, I thought it was awesome.  I don't think we will get a whole lot in the way of answers tho, to me it is more about the characters trying to react to how their world is presently.

mbw

Quote from: barnesy305 on September 30, 2014, 08:26:33 PM

I watched the first season as well, I thought it was awesome.  I don't think we will get a whole lot in the way of answers tho, to me it is more about the characters trying to react to how their world is presently.

Its based on a book, and the first season was the book.  Subsequent seasons will be original content.
I really hope it just doesnt go on and on without answers like Lost.

eta:  the main question I want answered is did Garvey bang his daughters little jailbait friend and will we get to see it, perhaps in flashback.

barnesy305

Quote from: mbw on September 30, 2014, 08:36:19 PM

Its based on a book, and the first season was the book.  Subsequent seasons will be original content.

eta:  the main question I want answered is did Garvey bang his daughters little jailbait friend and will we get to see it, perhaps in flashback.

I kept predicting each week that we would see him taking to his daughter's friend, so we are on the same page with that one. I haven't read the book, but does it end like the season did? I did think that the whole Holy Wayne subplot wasn't explored very well which made me indifferent when he bought the farm. I hate loose ends as well, but I just don't think that they will ever explain the actual disappearance.

rowjimmy

Quote from: barnesy305 on September 30, 2014, 09:17:24 PM

I kept predicting each week that we would see him taking to his daughter's friend, so we are on the same page with that one. I haven't read the book, but does it end like the season did? I did think that the whole Holy Wayne subplot wasn't explored very well which made me indifferent when he bought the farm. I hate loose ends as well, but I just don't think that they will ever explain the actual disappearance.

Weird show. We dug it.

Totally think he banged the friend but doesn't remember.
My wife disagrees.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 30, 2014, 11:24:53 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on September 30, 2014, 09:17:24 PM

Weird show. We dug it.

Totally think he banged the friend but doesn't remember.

ah, this makes sense.

WillBreathes

Loved The Leftovers.

The flashback episode was perfectly placed in the season.  Great characters all around.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

mbw

Does everyone watch Vice, hopefully?

The season opener on cancer treatment is a must watch.
Essentially the are using smallpox, hiv and other diseases to fight cancer cells.  They are curing completely hopless cases of lukemia and other cancers.  Cancer could soon be eradicated.

http://killingcancer.vice.com/

mehead

Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2015, 04:05:05 PM

Essentially the are using smallpox, hiv and other diseases to fight cancer cells.  They are curing completely hopless cases of lukemia and other cancers.  Cancer could soon be eradicated.

Watched that yesterday. Great stuff. Surprised advances like this aren't publicized more.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mbw

Quote from: mehead on March 01, 2015, 05:36:20 PM
Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2015, 04:05:05 PM

Watched that yesterday. Great stuff. Surprised advances like this aren't publicized more.

And 100% funded.  But i guess we need that money for scary brown people in masks on the other side of the world.