News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/25 - Sleep Train Amphitheater - Chula Vista, CA - Post Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, October 26, 2014, 02:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

Dude, they already played Echoes.
Gonna be the Endless River, obviously.

Need 3 hrs of highlights for a run next week.
Not looking too good thus far.

Augustus

Also, listened to Tela this AM.
Do you think they rehearse these things or Trey just starts playing songs that they used to play well and hope for the best?

Hicks

Cmon, SB1 was not anywhere near the clusterfuckery that was Coventry and I would venture to say they have played many shows just as bad if not worse than SB1 since they came back, just listen to any Great Woods show from 2009-2011.   

As for last night, I didn't hear the first set but I what I heard of the second set sounded like standard 3.0 to me.  Some great moments, Golden Age, Piper, etc. that were ultimately fleeting and abandoned quickly. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

DoW

Quote from: Augustus on October 26, 2014, 02:04:15 PM
Also, listened to Tela this AM.
Do you think they rehearse these things or Trey just starts playing songs that they used to play well and hope for the best?
haven't listened yet and will tonight.
sorry to post a useless comment, but that made me laugh.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

pcr3

Quote from: Hicks on October 26, 2014, 02:08:25 PM
Cmon, SB1 was not anywhere near the clusterfuckery that was Coventry and I would venture to say they have played many shows just as bad if not worse than SB1 since they came back, just listen to any Great Woods show from 2009-2011.

As for last night, I didn't hear the first set but I what I heard of the second set sounded like standard 3.0 to me.  Some great moments, Golden Age, Piper, etc. that were ultimately fleeting and abandoned quickly.

Totally agree, as an annual Great Woods attendee. Jams were quick to develop and concise last night. Almost purposeful. Nothing mindblowing, but definitely worth hearing.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Augustus

No Sleep or any songs by Train last night?!
Talk about dropping the ball.
Thanks for nothing, Phish!

Augustus

How SICK would an encore like this be?

E: Sleep
Sleep Again
Sleeping Monkey
GBOTT >
Drops of Jupiter
Train Song

And then all of Appetite for Destruction.

That would a very good encore!

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Hicks

Fishman on vox/vacuum for Drops of Jupiter would have indeed been epic.

Although I've always been more of a Hey Soul Sister fan myself. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

barnesy305

roggae

Quote from: Augustus on October 26, 2014, 03:13:53 PM
How SICK would an encore like this be?

E: Sleep
Sleep Again
Sleeping Monkey
GBOTT >
Drops of Jupiter
Train Song

And then all of Appetite for Destruction.

That would a very good encore!

i would have GOTTEN DOWN!
Clearly it's all awful.

Caravan2001

with Pat Monahan sit-in.  Aug, you're on to something.  They should pretty much hire you as setlist consultant.  Or retire.  I'm still (kinda) fired up for Vegas.  In fact I am posting this while giving my costume a test run.  I think the wig is too hot.

Superfreakie

Quote from: PGLHAH on October 26, 2014, 02:00:54 PM
I haven't heard much from this tour, but given the reviews, I'm hoping it means they're spending all their rehearsal time on something big for 10/31.

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Augustus

I was listening to the RnR from Long Beach '12 last night.
I'm not a fan of 3.0 and a lot of that comes from the energy that was found in 1.0 being absent in recent years.
Anyway, it's a really cool version but after listening to some of the shows from this current Tour and then hearing this version from two years ago, I couldn't help but draw a parallel between the two.
This current Tour sounds pretty lifeless.
I listened to that Gin with the Low Rider jam and it sounded like a garage band.
I sincerely hope they wrap up this tour nicely (I need fresh jams!), but it was crazy to hear all this PASSION (gasp!) even in Page's vox on that RnR.

Rock and fuck on
a

cactusfan

Quote from: Augustus on October 27, 2014, 10:18:51 AM
I was listening to the RnR from Long Beach '12 last night.
I'm not a fan of 3.0 and a lot of that comes from the energy that was found in 1.0 being absent in recent years.
Anyway, it's a really cool version but after listening to some of the shows from this current Tour and then hearing this version from two years ago, I couldn't help but draw a parallel between the two.
This current Tour sounds pretty lifeless.
I listened to that Gin with the Low Rider jam and it sounded like a garage band.
I sincerely hope they wrap up this tour nicely (I need fresh jams!), but it was crazy to hear all this PASSION (gasp!) even in Page's vox on that RnR.

Rock and fuck on
a

that Rock And Roll is a great jam. i've grown to really love that one.
nothing's compared to it for a while now.
i hope i get something hot over the next three nights in SF.