News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2015/1/3 - AmericanAirlines Arena - Miami, Florida - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, January 03, 2015, 11:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Upon second listen, I am not that blown away by the DWD.  It's not the worst but there are better 3.0 versions out there.  I think I like the second set of NYE better than the second set of this night.

nab

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 06, 2015, 11:35:54 PM
Upon second listen, I am not that blown away by the DWD.  It's not the worst but there are better 3.0 versions out there.  I think I like the second set of NYE better than the second set of this night.

Took a second listen today as well.  There is a decent amount of filler for killer ratio in this jam, but the murderous parts are delicious.  Kind of felt this way about the Sand>Tweezer Reprise from 10-31. 

I'm still liking the NYE Set 2 and the Mike's Groove from 01-02 as the best parts of this run. 

birdman

Wasn't a huge fan of this night but I wasn't in a great headspace during this show. Aside from being a tired old man I was high as hell off a mix of different goodies we picked up in the lot. The mix was not treating me right. Taking an important business call in the midst of set two didn't make things any easier.i actually thought the jam in DWD was a completely new song  :roll:
So with this in mind  I thought NYE II and 12/2 II were the best sets of the run.
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on January 07, 2015, 08:31:13 AM
i actually thought the jam in DWD was a completely new song  :roll:

Even Charlie Dirksen has posited that the Jam in the middle seems composed and was possibly a Halloween outtake.

But he's known for hearing things that weren't there.

mattstick

Trey seems awfully pedestrian in his DWD Type I jamming. The Type II stuff that follows though is explosive, melodic and awesome.

rowjimmy

VDB

The 1/3 backlash begins! Now I feel a little less bad about missing it.  :evil:
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

I really liked this Disease. Unquestionably, one of the highlights of the run. It's definitely not a Trey led jam, so if that is what you're seeking, then you will inevitably be disappointed. But Trey led many jams over the course of the run, so handing the reigns to Page and Mike, who, let's be honest, craft much more melodic soundscapes of late, is money in my books.

Also, this Disease wasn't intended to be a shred fest.....its jam is a major key dancing groove and was just what the doc ordered. The venue was getting down hard. As for the Manteca jam.....I don't hear it at all. I'd say Mar is correct, however, in stating that the jam is very familiar, a permutation of which I have heard before. I was at the Blister in the Sun show, so will have to revisit it.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

Holy smokes this DWD is some ser biz.

Prob one of the best jams of 2015 (also why this thread is in the 2014 post thread discussions...) but the jam starts to fizzle and page keeps it going and the rest of the band jumps on.
Trey has some insane 1.0 shreddage going on at the end of this jam