News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W04: 12-09-1997 Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA

Started by disco, June 04, 2006, 11:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: jedifunk on June 05, 2006, 05:36:32 PM
what... you got something against the show?  one of the best television shows in history...  and not just because i say so (although that should be enough), they won a shit ton of awards over the years.  and i thought they did a pretty good job of talking about issues without falling on one side or another... even given the fact that it was a democrat in office.

one of my favorite shows of all time, and one of the few i'm even remotely interested in having on DVD...
Sorry for not being more clear. My joke obviously fell flat.

Not only was West Wing was my favorite show for 5 or 6 years running, but Jed Bartlett was my favorite President (I was only 5 when JFK got killed so I don't remember him)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: whatapiper on June 05, 2006, 06:59:34 PM
SOPRANOS!!!!!

I would have said so before the third episode of this season.

SOPRANOS HAS JUMPED THE SHARK!

susep

^ word

season ending peacefully...

Desperate Housewives is off the charts in that the ladies are beautiful and boxum :wink:

btw way off topic, I'm waitin' for the shn's myself :roll:

flow00

Sweet. This show took place in my old stomping grounds. Can't remember much about it. I was studying for finals, so I think I only hit this show in December 1997. I'll give this another listen.

Hicks

Sorry to add to the OT conversation, but I regret to inform you that you all are wrong. 

Small Wonder was the best show in the history of TV.

As you were. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: ikki on June 05, 2006, 10:10:39 PM
Sorry to add to the OT conversation, but I regret to inform you that you all are wrong. 

Small Wonder was the best show in the history of TV.

As you were. 

I'll see your "Small Wonder" and raise you a "KIDS, Incorporated" and a "Charles in Charge"

:beers:

whatapiper

not to hijack here, but what happened in the 3rd episode?  i thought the season took a while to get rollin but the last half seemed to be back on pace with the preceeding seasons.  i was bummed things ended peacefully, and all out war needs to ensue, what madness will be "the final 8 episodes?"

end of hijack, cant wait to give another listen, this simple hits so many of the right buttons, spacey, funky, looong, plus the bonus of the element of surprise. this simple made me a huge fan and taught me to never underestimate this could be beauty.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jonyem

Thanks Jedi, this one somehow slipped through and I missed it before.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

shoreline99

Thanks.

Oh, and Rescue Me. Best f*cking show on television...
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

fauxpaxfauxreal

fauxpaxfauxreal

IM DYING FOR THE FIRST SET OVER HERE!  WHO IS HOGGING IT!  :frustrated:

fauxpaxfauxreal

Ok everyone....you can go back to what you were doing...crisis averted!   :-D :-D :-D