News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on March 05, 2012, 02:47:21 PM
Been loving Peep Show...

Watched "Winnebago Man" over the weekend. Definitely recommended. Very very entertaining.

Also, I thought "Man on Wire" was pretty drawn out but very cool.

Finally got around to this as well. Pretty funny stuff. It took an episode or two to get rolling, but dug it. Gonna check out season 2 next.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Been working my way through the last season of Mad Men again in preparation for Sundays return.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

watched this last night:

i had never heard of it unitl i saw it recoomended on netflix.
pretty cool "psychedlic western" as described by the director.

cast includes depp, billy bob, iggy pop, crispin glover, robert mitchum and others.

WhatstheUse?

watched this for the first time last night and was completely inspired! Highly reccommended!

Bring in the dude!

natronzero

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on April 06, 2012, 02:14:18 PM
watched this last night:

cast includes depp, billy bob, iggy pop, crispin glover, robert mitchum and others.

Also has a semi-improvisational and awesome soundtrack by Neil Young.
Great flick.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mbw

Quote from: natronzero on April 06, 2012, 02:54:21 PM
watched this last night:

Great flick.

d'oh.  totally forgot to mention that.  i looked it up during the movie becasue i was digging the blown out distorted guitar accompaniment.  i was all, "neil young!  no shit, makes sense"  i read he played along while watching the movie to record it.  somehow it works really well with a black and white western.

cactusfan

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on April 06, 2012, 03:03:29 PM
watched this last night:

Great flick.

d'oh.  totally forgot to mention that.  i looked it up during the movie becasue i was digging the blown out distorted guitar accompaniment.  i was all, "neil young!  no shit, makes sense"  i read he played along while watching the movie to record it.  somehow it works really well with a black and white western.

wow! you only just found out about it? this movie RULES. everyone should see it. it's like a poem of a movie, a poem about death. my favorite Jarmusch movie. i actually just got this on blu-ray a couple months ago.

if you're not familiar with Jarmusch, i highly recommend watching Down By Law and Ghost Dog next.

mbw

Quote from: cactusfan on April 06, 2012, 08:09:58 PM
watched this last night:

Great flick.

wow! you only just found out about it? this movie RULES. everyone should see it. it's like a poem of a movie, a poem about death. my favorite Jarmusch movie. i actually just got this on blu-ray a couple months ago.

if you're not familiar with Jarmusch, i highly recommend watching Down By Law and Ghost Dog next.

cool.  will do.

natronzero

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on April 06, 2012, 08:21:16 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on April 06, 2012, 08:09:58 PM
watched this last night:

Great flick.

cool.  will do.

I HIGHLY agree about Down By Law, although Ghost Dog didn't really do it for me for some reason. I'm in the minority on that one though, so maybe I should give it another shot.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

WillBreathes

Jarmusch rules.  Mystery Train & Night on Earth are my favorites.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

natronzero

I've been really hooked on The Killing lately.

QuoteThe Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation.
The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them. (Source: AMC)

sophist

I enjoyed both of these.  Shit is crazy. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VDB

Quote from: McGrupp on February 07, 2012, 04:01:57 PM
Been watching the first season of Downton Abbey with my girlfriend.

Hated the first episode, was bored to tears in the second, and I was hooked by the third. Probably not for everyone but we flew through the first season. Def took me a while to get into it.

George, you'll be delighted to hear that soon you'll be able to purchase Downton Abbey-themed products like bedding, kitchenwares and apparel. Just what the world has been clamoring for.
Is this still Wombat?

McGrupp

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on June 08, 2012, 12:35:53 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on February 07, 2012, 04:01:57 PM
Been watching the first season of Downton Abbey with my girlfriend.

Hated the first episode, was bored to tears in the second, and I was hooked by the third. Probably not for everyone but we flew through the first season. Def took me a while to get into it.

George, you'll be delighted to hear that soon you'll be able to purchase Downton Abbey-themed products like bedding, kitchenwares and apparel. Just what the world has been clamoring for.

Perfect.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

natronzero

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 29, 2012, 10:00:51 PM
Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on January 29, 2012, 09:57:25 PM
Check out "Sherlock"

Its the tits dude.

Totally.

I just finished the second season of this last night.
Holy fucking shit dude.
Can't believe I have to wait til sometime in 2013 for more.