News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 21, 2013, 01:40:49 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on May 21, 2013, 12:36:33 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 21, 2013, 11:44:55 AM
Last night I watched "You Don't Know Bo," a documentary about Bo Jackson from ESPN's "30 for 30" series. A pretty interesting look at one of the all-time great athletes.

That's one of the better ones, IMO.  I thoroughly enjoyed it when it debuted.

Which other ones should I watch? I saw "Michael Rides the Bus," enjoyed that one too. Or maybe it was "Jodan Rides the Bus." Anyway, it was about MJ's attempt at pro baseball.

Quote from: khalpin on May 21, 2013, 01:33:59 PM
There have been a bunch of the Ken Burns documentaries available streaming for a while now.  I was happy to find out this morning that they added the Jazz doc to the list of streaming titles.

Thanks! I never saw "Jazz" and only saw pieces of "The Civil War" during history class...

The one about the ole miss football was well done. A lot of US history in there in terms of how far we've come with race relations and how far we still have to go. There's one about the Baltimore colts which is interesting. The one about the fab 5 is pretty solid too.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Check out the Discovery (?) mini-series "How the Universe Works." Last two nights I watched the episodes on galaxies and stars. Mind-blowing shit.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

30 for 30 film recs: June 17, 1994 and Kings Ransom.

khalpin

Quote from: mattstick on May 26, 2013, 11:04:34 AM
30 for 30 film recs: June 17, 1994 and Kings Ransom.

I saw the Kings Ransom.  Is June 17, 1994 all about the second set of the OJ show?

mattstick

That's my favorite for a couple reasons. 

First, the OJ show. 
Second, it was my birthday.
C - it's brilliantly done, documenting all the sporting events that happened throughout the day on June 17, 1994 contrast with the OJ story.  There is no voiceover, the narrative is driven by the media coverage.

I could list other good ones, but I'd almost be listing them all:

The Band that Wouldn't Die
Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL?
Without Bias
Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks
Silly Little Game
Four Days In October
Tim Richmond: To the Limit
Fernando Nation
9.79*
Elway to Marino

mattstick

I was sure this thread would be full of Arrested Development talk.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on May 27, 2013, 08:43:27 AM

I was sure this thread would be full of Arrested Development talk.

I kept waiting for it to start. I highly recommend it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

zimbra

^^^^

One of my favorite shows, just started season 4 yesterday.

Anyways, have y'all seen "Trainspotting?"  Pretty decent flick on Netflix, check it out.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

Quote from: zimbra on May 29, 2013, 09:40:41 PM
^^^^

Anyways, have y'all seen "Trainspotting?"  Pretty decent flick on Netflix, check it out.

Everyone here has seen Trainspotting, and if they haven't they need to seriously evaluate their life priorities.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

zimbra

Quote from: Hicks on May 29, 2013, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: zimbra on May 29, 2013, 09:40:41 PM
^^^^

Everyone here has seen Trainspotting, and if they haven't they need to seriously evaluate their life priorities.

Okay good.  I watched it for the first time last week and my roommate thought I was an idiot after I told him about it.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

Ever heard of "The Godfather"? It might be on Netflix and I think they made a sequel or something.

barnesy305

Quote from: mattstick on May 29, 2013, 09:52:00 PM
Ever heard of "The Godfather"? It might be on Netflix and I think they made a sequel or something.

And a pizza chain too.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on May 29, 2013, 09:52:00 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Just discovering Trainspotting is downright hilarious! If you like it there's a little known movie you might dig.. I think it was called Pulp Fiction, or something like that.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!