News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

mattstick

I feel like seasons 5 and 6 of Parks & Rec are coasting on the characters/actors and the writing isn't as funny as season 2/3/4

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on January 10, 2014, 08:24:41 AM

I feel like seasons 5 and 6 of Parks & Rec are coasting on the characters/actors and the writing isn't as funny as season 2/3/4

Last season had major story arcs that directed the episodes which was less of a thing in previous seasons.
This season is broken up by the departure of major characters which, I fell is limiting the shows ability to simply exist in a state of ongoing funny because they want to tell poignant stories with these actors before they go.

The talent is still strong in the writer's room and on screen so I suspect it'll rebound. There is definitely some strong stuff still happening in this and the last season.

VDB

Quote from: Insert Beer on January 09, 2014, 07:18:41 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on January 09, 2014, 06:40:08 PM
I'm obviously like... 3-4 years late to the party on this one, but a couple weeks ago I (finally) got into parks and rec and haven't been able to stop watching it.

It's like The Office if The Office were funny.

I honestly think you're the first person I've witness hate on The Office.  Ok, maybe you're not hating on it but you at least dislike it somewhat.  I think I cried during the final episode I loved that show so much.  I also grew up in Scranton, PA so maybe I'm a little biased.

The Office was funny for its first few years. By the time Jim and Pam got married things were going downhill. My wife and I used to watch it religiously then had to stop. Same with Modern Family.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 10, 2014, 12:15:27 PM
Quote from: Insert Beer on January 09, 2014, 07:18:41 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on January 09, 2014, 06:40:08 PM
I'm obviously like... 3-4 years late to the party on this one, but a couple weeks ago I (finally) got into parks and rec and haven't been able to stop watching it.

It's like The Office if The Office were funny.

I honestly think you're the first person I've witness hate on The Office.  Ok, maybe you're not hating on it but you at least dislike it somewhat.  I think I cried during the final episode I loved that show so much.  I also grew up in Scranton, PA so maybe I'm a little biased.

The Office was funny for its first few years. By the time Jim and Pam got married things were going downhill. My wife and I used to watch it religiously then had to stop. Same with Modern Family.

Same with me. I used to watch Office and Modern Family both frequently. It got too boring after a couple seasons and really wasnt funny anymore. Seems like the writers got a little too comfortable with the characters and the writing just became so bland and lame. Its like there was not much character developmen and a lot a characters scripts seemed recycled. The characters made the same types of jokes over and over

antelope19

I disagree about Modern Family. We still watch that show religiously.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Thrillhouse

Maron just got put up

Highly suggest this.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Mr. Natural

Kevin Hart - LET ME EXPLAIN

I've seen him in movies, on TV and talk shows; he came across kind of meh, but I always got the feeling that, left alone onstage, he would be hilarious.
He totally is. I must have had at least 5 howls which should have woken up my son. I'll watch it again any chance I get.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Thrillhouse

Quote from: Mr. Natural on February 05, 2014, 12:29:02 AM

I've seen him in movies, on TV and talk shows; he came across kind of meh, but I always got the feeling that, left alone onstage, he would be hilarious.
He totally is. I must have had at least 5 howls which should have woken up my son. I'll watch it again any chance I get.

Really? I tried watching and couldn't even make it past the horrid ten minute scripted opening.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

khalpin

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on February 05, 2014, 11:16:49 AM
Quote from: Mr. Natural on February 05, 2014, 12:29:02 AM

Really? I tried watching and couldn't even make it past the horrid ten minute scripted opening.
Yeah, I struggled with it, as well.

Insert Beer

So I've been watching Dexter for the last month or so now. Holy fucking mother of fuck. On season 5 now. Anyone else watch this? 

khalpin

Quote from: Insert Beer on February 07, 2014, 07:28:46 PM
So I've been watching Dexter for the last month or so now. Holy fucking mother of fuck. On season 5 now. Anyone else watch this?
http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=10129.0

zimbra

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 09, 2014, 10:55:53 PM
Parks And Rec is a great show.

This.  Plus, Rashida Jones and Amy Poehler are hot. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Insert Beer

Quote from: khalpin on February 07, 2014, 07:47:44 PM

Thanks, guess I better wait until I'm all finished though.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Insert Beer on February 10, 2014, 07:43:35 AM
Quote from: khalpin on February 07, 2014, 07:47:44 PM

Thanks, guess I better wait until I'm all finished though.

Start at the beginning of the thread and stop when we start talking about a season you haven't seen.

Or jump in at the end, tell folks what you've seen and maybe we won't throw spoilers.