News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: justjezmund on February 18, 2014, 10:38:00 AM
X-files is easily the greatest series on netflix.  Just dove into season six now, this show is still just as awesome as ever.

this. 100% this.
prob in my top 5 fav tv series.

but yeah it does get a little whack when mulder dips.
still A+ show

justjezmund

nothing much but we at least there is a date.

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

ytowndan

^^ Looking forward to its return.

Also, I decided to give House of Cards another shot.  The whole "look at the camera and talk to the viewer" thing still bugs me a bit but, since I knew it was coming this time, I got over it pretty quickly.  Anyhow, the show's pretty awesome.  I have a feeling I'll be all caught up within a week.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

khalpin

zimbra

Quote from: ytowndan on February 20, 2014, 06:58:54 PM

Also, I decided to give House of Cards another shot.  The whole "look at the camera and talk to the viewer" thing still bugs me a bit but, since I knew it was coming this time, I got over it pretty quickly.  Anyhow, the show's pretty awesome.  I have a feeling I'll be all caught up within a week.

Just made a post about this in "Right Now I'm Watching."  I finished season 2 this weekend, I loved it.  Have you caught up yet?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ytowndan

Quote from: zimbra on March 10, 2014, 04:22:56 PM

Just made a post about this in "Right Now I'm Watching."  I finished season 2 this weekend, I loved it.  Have you caught up yet?

Yeah, I'm all caught up now.  I banged them all out in less than a week, actually.   :-D

Totally hooked.  Too bad it's gonna be a year until there's new episodes. 

rowjimmy

Midway through season 2 on HoC...
Shit is pretty good.

zimbra

Quote from: ytowndan on March 10, 2014, 09:08:54 PM
Quote from: zimbra on March 10, 2014, 04:22:56 PM

Yeah, I'm all caught up now.  I banged them all out in less than a week, actually.   :-D

Totally hooked.  Too bad it's gonna be a year until there's new episodes.

Yeah, I hate that but if that's what it takes to keep the quality of the show then I'm 100% okay with it.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

suggestion for good movie on netflix?

Buffalo Budd

Almost done the 1st season of HoC and am pretty into it.
Agreed on the talk to the camera bits but it doesn't ruin the show for me.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

justjezmund

Watched the bacon one this morning.  Awesome stuff.

ytowndan

I recently watched both Sherlock and Luther.  I'd recommend them both. 

justjezmund

First time a tired house of cards I was indifferent.  Tried again and now seem to be blowing through episodes.  Spacey is great as always, I actually like the breaking fourth wall aspect since it's not overwhelming.   

WillBreathes

The Dirties.
excellent "documentary" about bullies in high school, and it goes to the extreme by the end.

Muscle Shoals.
documentary on music.

Kill Bill 1&2
fun to revisit.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither