News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Quote from: slslbs on September 07, 2015, 10:48:21 PM
just finished it - f'n awesome!

thanks again!

good luck on planning your hike - it seems as if it would be life changing
awesome! glad you enjoyed it! i've watched it several times and it gets me more pumped each viewing!

the biggest point i take away from it is that they are all just ordinary people, not ones that are big thru-hikers ... tells me i can do it too!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Gundo

Anyone watch the Keef Richards documentary yet? Sofa king good! Compared it to the Bob Weir doc I enjoyed Keef's a lot more. The man LOVES the blues and hearing him talk about his influences is just an incredible way to understand a musician so much more.

rowjimmy

Does he talk about how Robert Johnson was so amazing that his band took two guitar players to recreate songs he played solo?

justjezmund

Quote from: jedifunk on August 25, 2015, 02:11:17 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 25, 2015, 02:06:45 PM
have always wanted to do that but never seem to take the time to save and plan ahead of time to get it going.

honestly... me neither.  thats why i'm starting now. i've gathered so much info that my head feels like  :crazy:

this documentary looks awesome.  And yeah start saving emay and do it, so worth it since you are on that side of the country now. 

I did 80 miles of it through the high sierras like 15 yrs ago.  Awesome time.   
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Mr. Natural

Quote from: EdBanky on September 23, 2015, 06:10:03 PM
Anyone watch the Keef Richards documentary yet? Sofa king good! Compared it to the Bob Weir doc I enjoyed Keef's a lot more. The man LOVES the blues and hearing him talk about his influences is just an incredible way to understand a musician so much more.

It's not so much a Keef documentary, as it is a making-of for his new album. He calls it his "hats off" album - one track is his "hats off" to Gregory Isaacs, another is his "hats off" to Leadbelly, etc.
Having said that, I dug it. There's a little bit of history (nothing new in this retelling), but it's mostly him and Stanley Jordan putting the album together - which is pretty cool, imo. His acoustic finger-picking is nice to hear. I also like seeing KR's personality outside of the Stones. He says that the Stones can take too long to write, record, tour (in other words, be a working band) so he puts his solo albums together partly because he knows it will make Mick & the boys get their asses in gear.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

PIE-GUY

I need to watch that shit. I did listen to Keef on the wtf podcast yesterday. Great interview!!! 

Check it out here: 

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_639_-_keith_richards
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gundo

Quote from: PGLHAH on September 24, 2015, 07:19:45 PM
I need to watch that shit. I did listen to Keef on the wtf podcast yesterday. Great interview!!! 

Check it out here: 

Oh snap! I'll have to throw this on during my bike ride later this evening.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: EdBanky on September 24, 2015, 07:47:11 PM

Check it out here: 

That's whatt Idid yesterday. After I had cut out the intro with all the commercials and shit.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Gundo

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 27, 2015, 02:31:08 AM
Quote from: EdBanky on September 24, 2015, 07:47:11 PM

Check it out here: 

That's whatt Idid yesterday. After I had cut out the intro with all the commercials and shit.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard I know most people hate the first 20 minutes of a Marc Maron podcast, but kind of enjoy his ranting at the beginning.

Buffalo Budd

That KR doc was great. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gundo

Just watched Cowspiracy. I was initially skeptical going into it, but this documentary had my attention the entire time. I'm sure most of you are familiar with effect animal agriculture has on this planet, but I never knew the magnitude of the situation. This film was very eye-opening to me. Strongly recommend this doc to anyone who cares about the future of this planet.

gah

Quote from: EdBanky on September 30, 2015, 12:44:07 AM
Just watched Cowspiracy. I was initially skeptical going into it, but this documentary had my attention the entire time. I'm sure most of you are familiar with effect animal agriculture has on this planet, but I never knew the magnitude of the situation. This film was very eye-opening to me. Strongly recommend this doc to anyone who cares about the future of this planet.

The planet will be fine.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

ytowndan

I'm four episodes into Master of None, and I'd highly recommend it.  Netflix has another winner here.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

emay

Quote from: ytowndan on November 07, 2015, 12:21:01 AM
I'm four episodes into Master of None, and I'd highly recommend it.  Netflix has another winner here.

yeah im two episodes in, its like Aziz's seinfeld, almost.

entertaining and worth the watch

PIE-GUY

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 11, 2015, 01:49:44 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on November 07, 2015, 12:21:01 AM

yeah im two episodes in, its like Aziz's seinfeld, almost.

entertaining and worth the watch

3rd'd. Great show. I think I'm 6 in now.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul