News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Started up Bloodline the other night. Interesting show, I feel like some of the episodes drag at points but im hooked.

zimbra

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 01, 2016, 12:20:24 PM
Started up Bloodline the other night. Interesting show, I feel like some of the episodes drag at points but im hooked.

Fastfingers12 recommended it to me a few weeks back. I finished episode 6 last night.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

fastfingers12

Quote from: zimbra on June 01, 2016, 04:51:51 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 01, 2016, 12:20:24 PM

Fastfingers12 recommended it to me a few weeks back. I finished episode 6 last night.

Just finished season 2. I'm hooked too.
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

susep

Quote from: susep on June 01, 2016, 12:14:14 PM
Quote from: khalpin on June 01, 2016, 09:30:53 AM

nice, will watch.

saw this last night, great doc.  huge talent, I learned a lot about Jaco.  Sad what happened to him in terms of his regressions.  Its unfortunate Jaco put so much stock in what Joe Zawinul thought about his music. 

ytowndan

I finally got around to Bloodline.  It took a couple episodes to determine whether I liked it or not, but I definitely got hooked by the middle of season one.  Can't wait for season three! 

Has anyone checked out their new show Stranger Things? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

barnesy305

Quote from: ytowndan on July 15, 2016, 08:16:26 PM
I finally got around to Bloodline.  It took a couple episodes to determine whether I liked it or not, but I definitely got hooked by the middle of season one.  Can't wait for season three! 

I'm just starting it now, I'm digging it.

Mr. Natural

Quote from: susep on June 08, 2016, 10:52:14 AM
Quote from: susep on June 01, 2016, 12:14:14 PM
Quote from: khalpin on June 01, 2016, 09:30:53 AM

nice, will watch.

saw this last night, great doc.  huge talent, I learned a lot about Jaco.  Sad what happened to him in terms of his regressions.  Its unfortunate Jaco put so much stock in what Joe Zawinul thought about his music. 

This was a great entree for me into his work. I'd listened to HEAVY WEATHER a couple times, but didn't quite get it. There was a 2-disc set from the library I got called PUNK JAZZ, and that was pretty cool.
But this really helped me see how to appreciate his music. How he could play in any feel ... ... oh, now I hear it. Plus, I've been in a bit of a Joni Mitchell thing for a couple months, so that helped.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Mr. Natural

This just came out, on the newly emerging field of pot journalism, mainly focused on the team at the Denver Post.

We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: barnesy305 on July 15, 2016, 11:11:13 PM

I'm hearing I should watch this?
home alone for two weeks; is it worth it?
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

barnesy305

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 18, 2016, 03:52:49 PM

I enjoyed it very much. It's like ET, X-Files and Stephen King with a splash of camp.

ytowndan

Quote from: barnesy305 on July 18, 2016, 04:55:47 PM

I enjoyed it very much. It's like ET, X-Files and Stephen King with a splash of camp.

This. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

emay

Quote from: Mr. Natural on July 16, 2016, 07:44:13 PM
This just came out, on the newly emerging field of pot journalism, mainly focused on the team at the Denver Post.

going to check this out this week.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: ytowndan on July 18, 2016, 05:50:45 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on July 18, 2016, 04:55:47 PM

This.

looks like I know what I'm watching tonight if I turn the TV on :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

WhatstheUse?

Stranger Things!

Any child of the 80's/90's has just got to love this. It's like Goonie's meets E.T. meets Stephen King.
Bring in the dude!