News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Just finish Stranger Things!
Shit was rad.
Agree with the above comments and Also D&D content!

khalpin

:rawk:

QuoteOn Saturday night, it was announced that Netflix will officially be carrying the new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/757055576903778304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Multibeast12

Stranger Things was one of the most enjoyable watching experiences I have had in a while. So much fun and went down so nice and easy.

Also, Jonah Ray as the host of this new MST3K. I am so excited about this. Should be awesome.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 25, 2016, 08:11:12 AM
Stranger Things was one of the most enjoyable watching experiences I have had in a while. So much fun and went down so nice and easy.

Also, Jonah Ray as the host of this new MST3K. I am so excited about this. Should be awesome.

Plus Patton Oswalt & Felicia Day...

It should be good.

kellerb

Just watched Jim Jefferies:  FreeDumb

I saw maybe 45% of this material live, so I'm biased, but it's pretty good.

It's highly offensive, but in an australian accent.

PIE-GUY

So, I just looked and Klown is not on Netflix anymore. It may be on Amazon or one of the others. Regardless, you should watch it in the next month to prepare yourself for the sequel...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/29/heres-the-wildly-inappropriate-first-trailer-for-klown-forever

QuoteHere's The Wildly Inappropriate First Trailer For KLOWN FOREVER
by Scott Wampler  July 29, 2016  1 min read  original
Extremely NSFW. Consider yourselves warned.

By Scott Wampler Jul. 29, 2016

Mikkel Nørgaard's Klown (based on a Danish television show of the same name and starring comedians Frank Hvam and Casper Christensen) wasn't just the funniest movie of 2010 - it's also one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, period. Like, tears-streaming-down-your-face funny.

So obviously I was thrilled when a sequel, Klown Forever, was announced. The film hit Fantastic Fest last year and was, by all accounts, just as filthy and hilarious as Nørgaard's original...but - as so often happens at Fantastic Fest - I managed to fumble every opportunity I was given to see the film.

According to this just-released (and wildly NSFW) first trailer, I made a huge mistake.

Here's the official plot synopsis:

Klown Forever follows estranged best friends Casper Christensen and Frank Hvam as they travel to the States seeking fame, fortune and friendship, only to immediately dive head-first into an impressive array of wildly inappropriate misadventures and unforgettably mortifying social situations.

When Casper attempts to break into Hollywood, Frank follows him to Los Angeles, seeing an opportunity to salvage their strained relationship. As the guys come face-to-face with a number of LA's denizens—including Isla Fisher, Adam Levine and "Game of Thrones'" star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau—it's clear that they're equally ready and willing to take on Hollywood...but is Hollywood prepared for Casper and Frank?

A reunion with Klown director Mikkel Nørgaard, Klown Forever sees the series, best described as Curb Your Enthusiasm as directed by Lars von Trier, reach ingenious new heights––and stoop to gut-wrenchingly hilarious lows.

Ah, so Klown Forever brings Frank and Casper to the States? And adds Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Adam Levine and Isla Fisher to the mix? I'm 100% onboard with this, even as I continue kicking myself for missing it at Fantastic Fest last year. This cannot get here soon enough.

Speaking of which: Klown Forever arrives in select theaters and via VOD on September 2nd. Like its predecessor, it's being released by Drafthouse Films, so you can go ahead and expect a stacked DVD/Blu-ray release on the heels of that September 2nd arrival.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

Just read that season 3 of Bloodline will be the last season.  10 episodes.

pcr3

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 29, 2016, 02:02:09 PM
So, I just looked and Klown is not on Netflix anymore. It may be on Amazon or one of the others. Regardless, you should watch it in the next month to prepare yourself for the sequel...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/29/heres-the-wildly-inappropriate-first-trailer-for-klown-forever

Mikkel Nørgaard's Klown (based on a Danish television show of the same name and starring comedians Frank Hvam and Casper Christensen) wasn't just the funniest movie of 2010 - it's also one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, period. Like, tears-streaming-down-your-face funny.

So obviously I was thrilled when a sequel, Klown Forever, was announced. The film hit Fantastic Fest last year and was, by all accounts, just as filthy and hilarious as Nørgaard's original...but - as so often happens at Fantastic Fest - I managed to fumble every opportunity I was given to see the film.

According to this just-released (and wildly NSFW) first trailer, I made a huge mistake.

Klown Forever follows estranged best friends Casper Christensen and Frank Hvam as they travel to the States seeking fame, fortune and friendship, only to immediately dive head-first into an impressive array of wildly inappropriate misadventures and unforgettably mortifying social situations.

When Casper attempts to break into Hollywood, Frank follows him to Los Angeles, seeing an opportunity to salvage their strained relationship. As the guys come face-to-face with a number of LA's denizens—including Isla Fisher, Adam Levine and "Game of Thrones'" star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau—it's clear that they're equally ready and willing to take on Hollywood...but is Hollywood prepared for Casper and Frank?

A reunion with Klown director Mikkel Nørgaard, Klown Forever sees the series, best described as Curb Your Enthusiasm as directed by Lars von Trier, reach ingenious new heights––and stoop to gut-wrenchingly hilarious lows.

Ah, so Klown Forever brings Frank and Casper to the States? And adds Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Adam Levine and Isla Fisher to the mix? I'm 100% onboard with this, even as I continue kicking myself for missing it at Fantastic Fest last year. This cannot get here soon enough.

Speaking of which: Klown Forever arrives in select theaters and via VOD on September 2nd. Like its predecessor, it's being released by Drafthouse Films, so you can go ahead and expect a stacked DVD/Blu-ray release on the heels of that September 2nd arrival.

Is this the movie you told me about on the drive up to Bangor?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on September 15, 2016, 04:56:15 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on July 29, 2016, 02:02:09 PM

Is this the movie you told me about on the drive up to Bangor?

I do not recall... but most likely!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for Amazon shows, so I figured I'd use this one if that's alright. 

Anyhow, Tig Notaro has an awesome new show on Amazon Prime.  It's called One Mississippi, and it's loosely based on her life story.  I just finished it last night and my only complaint is that it's only 6 episodes.  I definitely wanted more.  Hope it gets picked up! 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

ytowndan

The Netflix/Marvel partnership is now 3 for 3, IMO.  Luke Cage is amazing, if you're into that kind of thing.  The writing, acting, tone, soundtrack is all top notch. 

Also, for all you hip hop fans, there's a little Easter Egg.  Every episode is named after a Gang Starr song. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on October 05, 2016, 01:57:03 AM

Also, for all you hip hop fans, there's a little Easter Egg.  Every episode is named after a Gang Starr song.

Ha! Awesome.

Haven't finished Jessica Jones yet but I'm looking forward to Cage.

jam>

Quote from: cactusfan on June 01, 2016, 12:10:38 PM
just been watching the British show Peaky Blinders, about a powerful gang in Birmingham post WWI.

good first season, great second season, and it looks like the third just showed up. with Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Sam Neill. The production value is through the roof, hard to believe it's a TV show.

Great show. Just blazed through the three seasons.

mattstick

Anyone watch the Amazon Woody Allen joint?

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on October 05, 2016, 09:20:33 PM
Anyone watch the Amazon Woody Allen joint?

My wife started it. Said she couldn't finish it, but she can't stand Woody as an actor. I happen to love him so I'll give it a shot.  She gave it a thumbs down though.