News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Acoustic Shows

Started by rowjimmy, January 24, 2017, 01:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: Hicks on December 17, 2018, 02:33:21 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 17, 2018, 12:43:26 AM
I don't remember him looping at Eugene either.  Listened to Denver 1 and it sounds great, but I have really like all of them.  The only ones I have not heard yet are Boulder 2 and Redding.  Have really enjoyed it.  I think face with fees was $90 for the highest tier in Eugene.  Well worth it I think.  But the Eugene show was not sold out and by the time the show came around, tix were $30 online and also free ones stuck into the side of the venue.  I wish I had snapped a pic of those.  That said, super scalper Hicks took both my pair and my brother in laws pair and got good dough for them 30 minutes before the show.  I wasn't even going to bother going out and trying to sell them and Hicks took up the challenge and sold four basically worthless (market value I mean) tickets in like 15 minutes.  It was miracle.  And all the while doing that ended up buying another single and flipping that at profit too.  Guy is a stud.

Heh, yeah I was hustling hard. Buying the row G off of a kid for $10 and then selling it for $40 two minutes later as I was walking into the venue was pretty gangsta.   8-)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

and that kids, is how it's done.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on December 17, 2018, 02:33:21 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 17, 2018, 12:43:26 AM
I don't remember him looping at Eugene either.  Listened to Denver 1 and it sounds great, but I have really like all of them.  The only ones I have not heard yet are Boulder 2 and Redding.  Have really enjoyed it.  I think face with fees was $90 for the highest tier in Eugene.  Well worth it I think.  But the Eugene show was not sold out and by the time the show came around, tix were $30 online and also free ones stuck into the side of the venue.  I wish I had snapped a pic of those.  That said, super scalper Hicks took both my pair and my brother in laws pair and got good dough for them 30 minutes before the show.  I wasn't even going to bother going out and trying to sell them and Hicks took up the challenge and sold four basically worthless (market value I mean) tickets in like 15 minutes.  It was miracle.  And all the while doing that ended up buying another single and flipping that at profit too.  Guy is a stud.

Heh, yeah I was hustling hard. Buying the row G off of a kid for $10 and then selling it for $40 two minutes later as I was walking into the venue was pretty gangsta.   8-)

Shit. That's some decent lunch money.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on December 17, 2018, 12:44:55 PM

The partial SBD from the 9:30 Club show is essential listening.

I second this.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

jasonsobel

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 17, 2018, 08:24:15 AM
Quote from: jasonsobel on December 16, 2018, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 16, 2018, 05:21:54 PM
I've actually never heard that tune...but the even bigger bust out here is Glide II!  That's a good tune, IMO. Simple, floaty and catchy. I want to hear a Mikes>Glide 2>Weekapaug.

Glide II for sure, big bust out.  But you've never heard Snowflakes in the Sand?  You really need to revisit May '99, both acoustic and electric sets.  Awesome stuff there.

Strong agree here.
I'll also add that, imo, Snowflakes In The Sand is a much better song.

I also like Snowflakes in the Sand as a better acoustic song, relative to Glide II.  The song is also somewhat significant as part of the "trilogy of duologies" that debuted that May '99 tour, which included "Bug" and "Windora Bug", "First Tube" and "Last Tube", and "Sand" and "Snowflakes in the Sand".

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 17, 2018, 06:08:02 PM

I second this.

I'd love to see a full show archive release from that tour.  but until then, I concur that the partial SBD from the 9:30 club show is rad.
sing me back home before I die

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: jasonsobel on December 17, 2018, 10:04:19 PM

I also like Snowflakes in the Sand as a better acoustic song, relative to Glide II.  The song is also somewhat significant as part of the "trilogy of duologies" that debuted that May '99 tour, which included "Bug" and "Windora Bug", "First Tube" and "Last Tube", and "Sand" and "Snowflakes in the Sand".

I caught myself singing Windora Bug a couple days ago. Loved that tune.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 17, 2018, 10:21:58 PM

I caught myself singing Windora Bug a couple days ago. Loved that tune.

I have never been able to get that song out of my head since I saw the first performance in '99. Imagine having the same song in your head for nearly 20 years!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 17, 2018, 08:24:15 AM
Quote from: jasonsobel on December 16, 2018, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 16, 2018, 05:21:54 PM
I've actually never heard that tune...but the even bigger bust out here is Glide II!  That's a good tune, IMO. Simple, floaty and catchy. I want to hear a Mikes>Glide 2>Weekapaug.

Glide II for sure, big bust out.  But you've never heard Snowflakes in the Sand?  You really need to revisit May '99, both acoustic and electric sets.  Awesome stuff there.

Strong agree here.
I'll also add that, imo, Snowflakes In The Sand is a much better song.

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 17, 2018, 06:08:02 PM

I second this.

I'd love to see a full show archive release from that tour.  but until then, I concur that the partial SBD from the 9:30 club show is rad.

Partial SBD is awesome. But we need the acoustic set. Especially from that drunken mayhem night with Tom sitting in.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 18, 2018, 11:42:34 AM
this does not suck...

Still one of the best shows I have ever attended.

ytowndan

I had a great, crisp copy of that show on tape back in the day, which I played constantly, and I still listen to it on a regular basis (the show itself, not my old tapes).  The first set, especially the stuff with Tom, is both fun and beautiful.  And the whole second set, from Jibboo through Voodoo Child, is sick.  And if that Row Jimmy encore doesn't give you chills, I don't want to be your friend.

A full LP release would be fantastic.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mehead

Loving the Boulder N1 show. Turtle in the Clouds is sweet.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Fall 2019 Dates

Trey Anastasio October 2019 Solo Acoustic Tour Dates Below:

Oct 15 Geneva, NY – Smith Opera House
Oct 16 Dayton, OH – Victoria Theatre
Oct 18 Milwaukee, WI – Riverside Theater
Oct 19 Minneapolis, MN – State Theatre
Oct 21 Eau Claire, WI – The Pablo Center at the Confluence
Oct 23 Canton, OH – Palace Theatre
Oct 25 Ann Arbor, MI – Michigan Theater
Oct 26 Indianapolis, IN – Murat Theatre at Old National Centre
Oct 27 Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium

PIE-GUY

Who wants to hit the Ryman show with me??
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 04, 2019, 01:24:08 PM

Me.
Gotta convince the wife, tho.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 04, 2019, 01:28:15 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 04, 2019, 01:24:08 PM

Me.
Gotta convince the wife, tho.

It's a Sunday night. Just gotta take Monday off. Perfect!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul