News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: birdman on January 21, 2019, 03:29:17 PM
JRAD delivered the goods once again last night. These guys just tap into that psychedelic vibe. So good. Also the Capitol Theatre is just outstanding. They've got that place dialed in.
Thinking I should try and catch a few more shoes this winter.  :sbw:

Sick! You should try and get to some more shows, too.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on January 21, 2019, 03:33:05 PM
JRAD delivered the goods once again last night. These guys just tap into that psychedelic vibe. So good. Also the Capitol Theatre is just outstanding. They've got that place dialed in.

Sick! You should try and get to some more shows, too.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 21, 2019, 03:39:13 PM
Quote from: gah on January 21, 2019, 03:33:05 PM

I blame the acid
Paug FTMFW!

shoreline99

Sorry I missed you last night, I was busy throwing shoes at the TV

And yes, the cap is fucking awesome.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Caravan2001

I'm pretty impressed with GW's reflexes in that GIF.  Homie really dips out of the way.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 24, 2019, 10:25:43 PM
I'm pretty impressed with GW's reflexes in that GIF.  Homie really dips out of the way.

That guy was amazing at dodging pretty much anything.
And yeah, I was impressed with his agility the first time that vid surfaced.
I always thought GW would have been a fun dude to party with actually.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 24, 2019, 11:23:43 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 24, 2019, 10:25:43 PM

That guy was amazing at dodging pretty much anything.
And yeah, I was impressed with his agility the first time that vid surfaced.
I always thought GW would have been a fun dude to party with actually.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I can see that. I found this whole series of posts quite entertaining.

Caravan2001

Hicks and I made a last minute decision to hit Phil and Family Band last night.  Beers were had.  It was a decent show.  I bailed halfway through.  There were some good parts and some not as good parts but always good to see Phil and always good to hang with the Hickster.  :syf:

Buffalo Budd

I hit up Dan Mangan on the 25th, which exceeded my expectations (as did his opener, Matt Holubowski).

Last night a buddy asked me to take his wife's ticket to Steven Paige and NB Symphony Orchestra. I listened to BNL a lot when I was 16 - 17 so the nostalgia tunes were pretty sweet but I can't say enough about Symphony NB. They were professionals in every way and made me appreciate his solo material so much more than I would have in the typical pop setting.
His 2 band mates complimented him well with harmonies and lead when it was needed. His old bandmate from BNL (Andy Creeggan is now a teacher/music director at a HS in my city and directed Symphony NB for this show) came up and played a couple tunes on piano with him in the encore.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Marcus King Band friday night....so good. The kid can shred, but he also took me places the way Derek Trucks does...and his band is super tight as well, all talented musicians. Check him while you can on these smaller stages, cause he's going to be around for a long time and playing bigger and bigger venues.

rowjimmy

Quote from: gah on February 04, 2019, 11:16:17 AM
Marcus King Band friday night....so good. The kid can shred, but he also took me places the way Derek Trucks does...and his band is super tight as well, all talented musicians. Check him while you can on these smaller stages, cause he's going to be around for a long time and playing bigger and bigger venues.

Looking forward to seeing him at DelFest this year. Hopefully we'll get a (Billy) Strings & King set too!

shoreline99

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 03, 2019, 03:41:21 PM
Hicks and I made a last minute decision to hit Phil and Family Band last night.  Beers were had.  It was a decent show.  I bailed halfway through.  There were some good parts and some not as good parts but always good to see Phil and always good to hang with the Hickster.  :syf:

I just can't bring myself to shell out the $$$ to see Phil and Family again. Once was enough.

At least with Phil & Friends you get a decent line up - McLaughlin, Herring, Molo, Jackie Greene, or the likes. JRAD started as basically a P&F spin off..

Saw him for the first time last year with As the Crow Flies. Kid has chops, and definitely has a long career ahead of him.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

gah

Agree completely with the above, to rather wanting to see Phil and Friends > Phil and Family...or better yet, jrad  :evil:

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 04, 2019, 12:09:42 PM

Looking forward to seeing him at DelFest this year. Hopefully we'll get a (Billy) Strings & King set too!

delfest has been on my list to attend...maybe one of these years...that'll be a blast

emay

Quote from: gah on February 04, 2019, 03:44:05 PM
Agree completely with the above, to rather wanting to see Phil and Friends > Phil and Family...or better yet, jrad  >:D

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 04, 2019, 12:09:42 PM

delfest has been on my list to attend...maybe one of these years...that'll be a blast

I was super impressed with the festival the one year I attended. If I still lived in the area, I would make it a regular weekend.

Caravan2001

Quote from: shoreline99 on February 04, 2019, 02:38:35 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 03, 2019, 03:41:21 PM

I just can't bring myself to shell out the $$$ to see Phil and Family again. Once was enough.

At least with Phil & Friends you get a decent line up - McLaughlin, Herring, Molo, Jackie Greene, or the likes. JRAD started as basically a P&F spin off..

Saw him for the first time last year with As the Crow Flies. Kid has chops, and definitely has a long career ahead of him.

Yeah, that's why we made a last minute decision and put a $50 cap on what we were willing to spend.  Some of it was good, I mean, it is Pbil after all, but for the most part it's pretty watered down and as far as other tribute type bands, Family band is toward the bottom of my list.  Last time I saw Phil it was underwhelming as well which is sad to say, but I mean, the guy is pushing 80 so....