News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/12 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by rowjimmy, June 12, 2011, 11:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2011-06-12
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Columbia, MD

Set 1: Buried Alive, Lonesome Cowboy Bill, Ha Ha Ha, Sample In A Jar, The Divided Sky, Wolfman's Brother > Boogie On Reggae Woman, Gumbo, Halley's Comet, Bathtub Gin, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Character Zero

Set 2:  Party Time, Crosseyed and Painless, Steam > Light > Wedge, Alaska, Halfway To The Moon, Harry Hood > Backwards Down The Number Line, Loving Cup

Encore: Sanity*, Makisupa Policeman, First Tube

*Mike on Fender Bass

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Caravan2001

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: G. Augusto on June 12, 2011, 11:39:55 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on June 12, 2011, 11:38:33 PM
Woohoo!

FUN was had?

Booyah!

Tonight rocked.  Better than the last two nights imo.

the opening trio was a real treat, never thought I'd catch a Lonesome Cowboy Bill.  I love that song.

Wolfmans>Boogie On was the show highlight for me.  Some good jamming.  I enjoyed the Gin as well.

2nd set had a bunch of newer songs and a little weird flow but I still liked most of it.  Some SERIOUS fog machine action during Steam, filling the whole stage area enough that the band was not visible at times - I think that song has potential.  I do wish they would start doing something with C&P if they are going to play it so much. 

Hood was nice, almost got Worcester-ish with Trey being percussive and Mike taking the lead for a bit. And of course, the encore was great and unexpected.

Good times. Can't wait to rage the south.  :wtu:

Bring in the dude!

Multibeast12

With a Hood every other show i'm hoping to hear some progress with it. Either way. I like halfway to the moon so glad to see it. Can't wait to listen tomorrow.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

williaa

2nd set Alaska's should be taken out back and shot in the face with both barrels.  Other than that, I had a great time.

danje

Wolfman's > Boogie On was my favorite part. Steam > Light was also pretty cool. I think everyhing else was standard, but well balanced.

McGrupp

Well, it was another back of the lawn, making friends with trees night for me. This time was unexpected... a weird surprise to say the least....

:samurai:

Merriweather likes to kick me in the ass, apparently....

Good show, though. Definitely my favorite of the three this weekend. Detailed thoughts to come later... I thought the 2nd set had its moments but was definitely lacking some flow. I thoroughly enjoyed the first set. I remember the gin being good, and the wolfmans/boogie on pairing was really nice with awesome gordo-funk. Lonesome cowboy bill! And I think Steam is my favorite new 3.0 song. Cool tune.

That encore is very hard to argue with. Sanity was not only a treat, but very appropriate for me at the time.... And well, First Tube, that's how professionals close a show.

A very successful weekend overall. Looking forward to these next shows. At least FUN will be had, if nothing else....  :roll: :wtu:

Bring it on,  :phish:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

zimbra

Glad everybody had a good time.  I haven't listened to any of the shows since I got back except for the shows I attended, but I've been reading the past few shows' post-show threads.  Think I'll give them a spin.

ETA:  So I guess the boys like steam?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

McGrupp

Quote from: zimbra on June 13, 2011, 03:58:07 AM
Glad everybody had a good time.  I haven't listened to any of the shows since I got back except for the shows I attended, but I've been reading the past few shows' post-show threads.  Think I'll give them a spin.

Steam is awesome, imo. I could see them getting super weird with it...maybe at superball?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

zimbra

Quote from: McGrupp on June 13, 2011, 05:17:47 AM
Quote from: zimbra on June 13, 2011, 03:58:07 AM

Steam is awesome, imo. I could see them getting super weird with it...maybe at superball?

@ Cuyahoga I was just standing there so confused but I liked it.  I re-listened tonight and I still like it, hopefully I'll make it to superball.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio