News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/16 - UIC Pavilion - Chicago, IL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Mr Minor, August 17, 2011, 01:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Minor

Phish
2011-08-16
UIC Pavilion
Chicago, Illinois
Show Time: 7:30 pm [CDT]

Set II (8:04pm): Dinner & A Movie, Ha Ha Ha, Chalk Dust Torture, Mexican Cousin, Walls Of The Cave> Runaway Jim, Foam, I Didn't Know, Ocelot, Ginseng Sullivan, The Wedge, Limb By Limb, Let It Loose

Set II (10:06pm): Down With Disease> Twist> Backwards Down The Number Line, Theme From The Bottom> Golden Age > A Day In The Life >You Enjoy Myself

Encore (12:30am): Heavy Things, Slave To The Traffic Light, Rocky Top

last "Let It Loose" - 10/31/09

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

cactusfan

Multibeast12

looks like a great show on paper. Can't wait to listen tomorrow.

PhishPhan

Shit was real fire. First set was great and I had high hopes for set 2. DWD > Twist was great, YEM seemed extra funky.

roggae

Just got home. Strange show for me as our tickets were stolen and used. The person carrying our tickets was literally pick pocketed. Through due diligence and some kind heartedness the folks at security got our tickets back and we got to see most of first set and all of second set. The whole thing kinda clouded my actual view of the show though. The foam was good as was ocelot actually. Second set as a whole raged. Nighty night.
Clearly it's all awful.

whatapiper

Quote from: roggae on August 17, 2011, 02:48:11 AM
Just got home. Strange show for me as our tickets were stolen and used. The person carrying our tickets was literally pick pocketed. Through due diligence and some kind heartedness the folks at security got our tickets back and we got to see most of first set and all of second set. The whole thing kinda clouded my actual view of the show though. The foam was good as was ocelot actually. Second set as a whole raged. Nighty night.

damn that's shitty, sorry to hear but you made it in...

encore started or ended at 12:30  :-o
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

ytowndan

Quote from: whatapiper on August 17, 2011, 03:03:55 AM
encore started or ended at 12:30  :-o

The bigger question is, did they play the encore earlier in the day, or was set two 14.5 hours long? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

jephrey

I'd put this shOw over the night before in playing quality 100%. Just really well played
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Gumbo72203

God damn.  Again! 

via youtube videos, Dinner and a Movie seemed pretty tight. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Beginning of Sand jam sounds pretty sweet, too.  I really like the way Trey sets up the outro into it, and the lick lick he does to land on the tonic to start the jam.  And his licks at start are actually pretty fucking dope, holy crap!!!  Its melodic Trey!  Its making me think of Fall '97 with some of his note choices in some of the licks.

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

jedifunk

this looks like another quality show.  can't wait to give a listen.  finally the 2nd sets are stretching out a little, and there are few songs.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mistercharlie

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 17, 2011, 09:03:37 AM
Beginning of Sand jam sounds pretty sweet, too.  I really like the way Trey sets up the outro into it, and the lick lick he does to land on the tonic to start the jam.  And his licks at start are actually pretty fucking dope, holy crap!!!  Its melodic Trey!  Its making me think of Fall '97 with some of his note choices in some of the licks.

08/15 post-show review --------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
:wink:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

runawayjimbo

Looking forward to giving this a relisten but that second set sounded like some serious heat through the stream last night. DwD, the spacey Golden Age outro, and YEM were the real deal.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.