News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

ISO: Great Went Tapes (actual cassettes!)

Started by McGrupp, February 03, 2012, 11:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Just for fun/because I told a friend I could probably find them.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

twatts

Do you want actual cassettes???  Or just a copy of the show???  I know the 17th is still being seeded...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

McGrupp

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on February 03, 2012, 11:35:23 AM
Do you want actual cassettes???  Or just a copy of the show???  I know the 17th is still being seeded...

Terry

Actual cassettes. Sorry, should have specified.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Superfreakie

I have the original master DAT's for the FOB source that made the rounds years ago (that which was converted to flac and seeded by me a year ago). 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

twatts

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 03, 2012, 02:16:42 PM
I have the original master DAT's for the FOB source that made the rounds years ago (that which was converted to flac anbd seeded by me a year ago).

Can I borrow those from you???  I'd like to Archive the RAW WAV File...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

Superfreakie

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on February 03, 2012, 02:19:58 PM
I have the original master DAT's for the FOB source that made the rounds years ago (that which was converted to flac anbd seeded by me a year ago).

Terry

How bout I just send you the 48khz wav file.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

twatts

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 03, 2012, 02:21:28 PM

Terry

That works...  I take it you have both days???

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

Superfreakie

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on February 03, 2012, 02:33:19 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on February 03, 2012, 02:21:28 PM

Terry

That works...  I take it you have both days???

Terry

I have the second day: http://db.etree.org/shn/108553

I believe I also have the first day, but it is only the second and third set. I can't remember if this is the source that was paired with the FM first set years and years ago and seeded as a complete show. The source listing is close but not exact....however, these things could have been lost in translation over the years.

DoW

george, I can play my files through my stereo and record it to cassette if you'd like.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

khalpin

Quote from: bvaz on February 03, 2012, 02:52:42 PM
george, I can play my files through my stereo and record it to cassette if you'd like.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
I still have 2 Maxell XLII tapes still unopened.  Never got around to throwing them out.  I figured someday I'd end up having a use for them.

twatts

Quote from: khalpin on February 03, 2012, 03:36:32 PM
Quote from: bvaz on February 03, 2012, 02:52:42 PM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
I still have 2 Maxell XLII tapes still unopened.  Never got around to throwing them out.  I figured someday I'd end up having a use for them.

Sell them on EBAY...  Unopend XIIs can fetch good loot among the tape-o-phile...

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

Superfreakie

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on February 03, 2012, 03:40:03 PM
Sell them on EBAY...  Unopend XIIs can fetch good loot among the tape-o-phile...

there's such a thing as a tape-o-phile? carazy

twatts

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 03, 2012, 04:01:03 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on February 03, 2012, 03:40:03 PM

there's such a thing as a tape-o-phile? carazy

Yeah...  I found out about it AFTER I gave away handful of unopened Maxell XLII 100s... 

http://www.tapeheads.net/index.php

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

mattstick

Sealed XLII90s sell for $5-$10 each on eBay these days.

When I worked at TEAC/Tascam I got into a lot of conversations about cassettes.  I gather most people use them for their 4-track recorders.

twatts

Quote from: mattstick on February 03, 2012, 04:53:05 PM

Sealed XLII90s sell for $5-$10 each on eBay these days.

When I worked at TEAC/Tascam I got into a lot of conversations about cassettes.  I gather most people use them for their 4-track recorders.

I wonder if I could get some loot for all the WSP "used" cassettes I have collecting dust in my closet...  I have about 400 of them, methinks...

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will