News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Music DVD You Watched?

Started by mopper_smurf, October 28, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

The Aristocrat - Boing, We'll Do It Live!

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

Wes Montgomery - Live in Europe 1965

Only about an hour long, but so good.

Mr. Natural

THE PUNK SINGER

If you're already a fan of Bikini Kill, or 3rd-wave feminism, you'll be into it. This was happening in DC when I was a teenager and I remember asking a few hip friends about it, but I was still too thick-headed to accept/understand at the time. The first time I heard about "girls to the front" - I was staunchly opposed.
20 years ago, already? I guess so.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Some noise ...

Some orchestrated goodness.

Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Finally got around to watching 20 Feet from Stardom. Fucking awesome.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

anthrax

Lamb of God documentary "As the Palaces Burn"

great documentary.  i knew nothing about these guys, nor did i know the story about randy being charged with the death of a fan at a show!

natronzero

Quote from: Mr. Natural on April 22, 2014, 11:41:42 PM
THE PUNK SINGER

If you're already a fan of Bikini Kill, or 3rd-wave feminism, you'll be into it. This was happening in DC when I was a teenager and I remember asking a few hip friends about it, but I was still too thick-headed to accept/understand at the time. The first time I heard about "girls to the front" - I was staunchly opposed.
20 years ago, already? I guess so.

I'm going on 20 years of crushing on Kathleen Hanna and have been meaning to watch this. Thanks for the reminder.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

anthrax

God Bless Ozzy Osbourne

crazy story.  crazy dude.  good flick.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

PIE-GUY

Not a dvd, but I've been digging the Foo Fighters Sonic Highways series on HBO. I'm not a fan of the band, but this series is basically a collection of hour long documentaries about the music scenes in each city. It's pretty great.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 06, 2014, 12:41:43 PM
Not a dvd, but I've been digging the Foo Fighters Sonic Highways series on HBO. I'm not a fan of the band, but this series is basically a collection of hour long documentaries about the music scenes in each city. It's pretty great.

i've heard good things.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Marmar

Quote from: mopper_smurf on December 04, 2014, 11:13:47 AM

Guthrie is quite the picker....definitely one of my Top 5 favorite players in the modern era.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.