News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Baker's Dozen: Live At Madison Square Garden Box Set

Started by emay, June 06, 2018, 03:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

The Baker's Dozen: Live At Madison Square Garden To Be Released As 3-CD, 6-LP Sets & Complete 13 Show 36-CD Limited Box Set

Last summer, Phish performed "The Baker's Dozen," a milestone 13-show run at Madison Square Garden held over 17 nights. During the run, the band performed 26 unique sets featuring a grand total of 237 songs with not one repeated. The Baker's Dozen earned accolades from a wide array of national publications, including a nod from Rolling Stone's David Fricke in his "Year In Rock 2017" wrap-up. "What I saw," wrote The New York Times' Ben Ratliff, " was a purposeful band in energetic form, better than I've seen and heard recently, more willing to let songs assume their own proportions, and going far into its own catalog." "The Baker's Dozen isn't the first time Phish has defied logic," noted The Huffington Post. "It'll keep fans guessing how this veteran band, or anyone, can possibly top it."

We're excited to announce the release of The Baker's Dozen, available for pre-order now in three formats: a 3-CD or 6-LP set (with 13 tracks hand-picked by the band) and The Complete Baker's Dozen Box Set, which includes the ENTIRE run on 36-CDs. Legendary engineer Elliot Scheiner (Steely Dan, Van Morrison) has remixed each show.

The Complete Baker's Dozen Box Set includes every note of music from the historic 13-night run on 36 discs. Included in the fully custom box are all 13 individually packaged shows, an 86-page book with full color photographs from the run, an extensive essay featuring new interviews with each band member, Baker's Dozen setlist journals, an embroidered patch, commemorative tickets, a complete set of eight mini-prints and a brand new Jim Pollock screen print (7"x10", signed by Pollock). The Complete Baker's Dozen will be limited to ONE PRINTING and when it's gone, it's gone.

The Baker's Dozen: Live At Madison Square Garden (all formats) will be released November 30th. Both the 3-CD and 6-LP sets will be available in limited supplies in stores. The Limited Edition Complete Baker's Dozen Box will only be available from Phish Dry Goods.

Pre-order today from The Donut Shop at Phish Dry Goods. If you order any of the three releases, all other donut merch in the shop will be 20% off. The 3-CD and 6-LP sets ship for just $4.99 and The Complete Baker's Dozen Box Set ships FREE.

Pre-order now at https://drygoods.phish.com/dept/the-donut-shop

Disc 1
1. Blaze On
July 29 (Cinnamon)
2. Roggae
July 22 (Strawberry)
3. Simple
August 6 (Glazed)
4. More
July 23 (Red Velvet)

Disc 2
1. Twist >
July 23 (Red Velvet)
2. Waves
July 23 (Red Velvet)
3. Everything's Right
July 21 (Coconut)
4. Chalk Dust Torture
July 28 (Double Chocolate)
5. Miss You
July 23 (Red Velvet)

Disc 3
1. No Men In No Man's Land
August 4 (Lemon)
2. Scents And Subtle Sounds
August 4 (Lemon)
3. Ghost
August 5 (Boston Cream)
4. Most Events Aren't Planned
August 6 (Glazed)

Buffalo Budd

Packaging is cool.
I'd contemplate the LP box for sure.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Does it even come with a glider?

(I'll probably buy the records.)

gah

for only $498???  :crazy:  :rawk: :banana:

:cry:

:shakehead:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Those are some expensive coasters for the living room table.

only thing that interests me is the LPs, mini prints, and the book of essays from the band.

Hicks

$500 is so custy. 

30 Trips was $650 and over twice as much music.

Europe 72 (22 shows) was $450. 

I'd consider it for $300. 

As it is, I'll get the LP box from Amazon or wherever when it hits $90.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

mbw

emay

they should have done like a soundcheck disc too or something to at least add something fresh.

mistercharlie

QuoteThe tracks have been remixed for this release by award winning engineer Elliot Scheiner.

Yeah! Dr. Deaf didn't get to fuck the sound up on this release!

But the LP set seems to have a severe lack of Lawn Boy...

I think I'll wait for the set to be discounted on Amazon before I grab a copy.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

ph92

Quote from: emay on June 06, 2018, 09:36:00 PM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
this

Iwas thinking we'd be in line for another big release soon... But I guess they want the chompers' money while the BD is fresh in their mind
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emay on June 06, 2018, 05:40:33 PM
they should have done like a soundcheck disc too or something to at least add something fresh.

Would've been all worth it for that heady 37th disc! THEY FUCKED US!
Bring in the dude!