News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

No, it doesn't hurt your scores.  But it does block companies from even doing the credit check on stuff.  So you'd have to unfreeze at least one for Ferrari to even run the credit check (if they let you in the door).  Not sure that Ferrari has an in-house finance team, but Ford dealerships do, and I had to sit in one of their offices and figure out how to unblock them so I could buy a car.  Once they saw how high my score was, they gave me a Ferrari.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: kellerb on February 23, 2017, 09:20:44 AM
No, it doesn't hurt your scores.  But it does block companies from even doing the credit check on stuff.  So you'd have to unfreeze at least one for Ferrari to even run the credit check (if they let you in the door).  Not sure that Ferrari has an in-house finance team, but Ford dealerships do, and I had to sit in one of their offices and figure out how to unblock them so I could buy a car.  Once they saw how high my score was, they gave me a Ferrari.

So this is what you're working with?

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 23, 2017, 09:22:36 AM

That's my Chauffeur!  They threw him in for 1/2 price!

ph92

My tax issues are pale in comparison. But they sent me a letter telling me I have to send in forms regarding my insurance from last year. I was still on my parents plan, so I think I filled out my form wrong  :frustrated:

Either way, it's definitely a hassle.

Also can we talk about the printers the IRS uses for their letters? What is this the 80s?

But I hope everyone else's stuff works out!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Quote from: kellerb on February 23, 2017, 10:43:43 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 23, 2017, 09:22:36 AM

That's my Chauffeur!  They threw him in for 1/2 price!

Shame you have to train him yourself.

Quote from: ph92 on February 23, 2017, 11:23:59 AM

Also can we talk about the printers the IRS uses for their letters? What is this the 80s?

That's not going to change. The IRS doesn't have the budget to do the work they're mandated to do so printers aren't high on the list.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 23, 2017, 12:15:20 PM

That's not going to change. The IRS doesn't have the budget to do the work they're mandated to do so printers aren't high on the list.

Actually, the answer may be even simpler than that. In most cases where dot-matrix or typeset printers are still in use, the primary reason they don't change is because they can create duplicate or triplicate documents. Laser printers cannot do this.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

kellerb

Check out the big brain on Pieguy

rowjimmy

Quote from: PGLHAH on February 23, 2017, 12:20:45 PM

Actually, the answer may be even simpler than that. In most cases where dot-matrix or typeset printers are still in use, the primary reason they don't change is because they can create duplicate or triplicate documents. Laser printers cannot do this.

Old software as well... That shit is not getting upgraded.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 23, 2017, 02:16:34 PM

Actually, that's true, too. When you fly, you'll notice airline pilots get a stack of dot matrix paper off of a printer before every flight. It's got their flight plan on it - most cockpits have old dot matrix printers, too, to print any changes. It's nuts.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PGLHAH on February 23, 2017, 02:20:20 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 23, 2017, 02:16:34 PM

Actually, that's true, too. When you fly, you'll notice airline pilots get a stack of dot matrix paper off of a printer before every flight. It's got their flight plan on it - most cockpits have old dot matrix printers, too, to print any changes. It's nuts.

It's fun living in the future except when you're living in the past.

emay

Quote from: kellerb on February 22, 2017, 07:37:30 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyCO on February 22, 2017, 05:12:06 PM
Fuck. I havent gotten a letter like that and im crossing my fingers it doesnt happen. Some dumbass at my old solar company HQ sent a hacker (posing to be the CEO) all the companies W-2s nicely zipped up to them.

What a fucking idiot first of all, that person better have gotten fired for this is far more serious than what I did.

But they had me sign up for 3 years of ProtectMyID. I havent gotten any calls/emails/letters or anything from them which is also kinda surprising to me, are they actually protecting me?

I read up about how a bunch of the hackers just try to get your tax returns, so crossing my fingers there's no issues this year. Sorry you had to go through that Steve.

Not sure how this W2 thing is going to shake out.

But its free to freeze your credit with all 3 big credit bureaus. temporary or until you manually unfreeze

Damn, spoke too soon I guess. Got a letter from the IRS yesterday telling me I had to make an apt to come into the local IRS office to verify my identity with all my W-2s, 1099s, 1040 from last year, Proof of ID, proof of address, etc. I hope once I go to this apt done and prove its me, they issue it and its over and this doesn't turn into a couple year ordeal, crossing my fingers. Anyone have to do this before?

On top of that, going through a little break up with the girl I am currently with, its going smoother than the last one, but I moved out and got a new apartment that I cannot fucking stand to be in. There is a steam heat pipe right above my bedroom ceiling that goes off every 20 minutes with this unbearable rattle and drip/drill sound. It sounds like someone is drilling and banging a hammer on my ceiling all night and day. I cant stand it, I have been sleeping on the couch and my landlord has a plumber coming out on Wednesday. She said she noticed it too when she lived there in the winter and that it stops during the warm months when no one uses the heat. Cant believe she actually lived through this noise. Crossing my fingers this plumber actually does something to fix this, I imagine since its in between my ceiling and the floor joist of the apt above it might be expensive and a bitch to repair, so if the landlord pushed back I will probably have to break the lease and find another spot. Sucks cuz this one is perfect 3 blocks from my old spot in the same neighborhood that I love, and everything else about the apt is awesome. Just cant stand being there with that noise.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: emayPhishyCO on March 03, 2017, 11:22:50 AM
Fuck. I havent gotten a letter like that and im crossing my fingers it doesnt happen. Some dumbass at my old solar company HQ sent a hacker (posing to be the CEO) all the companies W-2s nicely zipped up to them.

What a fucking idiot first of all, that person better have gotten fired for this is far more serious than what I did.

But they had me sign up for 3 years of ProtectMyID. I havent gotten any calls/emails/letters or anything from them which is also kinda surprising to me, are they actually protecting me?

I read up about how a bunch of the hackers just try to get your tax returns, so crossing my fingers there's no issues this year. Sorry you had to go through that Steve.

But its free to freeze your credit with all 3 big credit bureaus. temporary or until you manually unfreeze

Damn, spoke too soon I guess. Got a letter from the IRS yesterday telling me I had to make an apt to come into the local IRS office to verify my identity with all my W-2s, 1099s, 1040 from last year, Proof of ID, proof of address, etc. I hope once I go to this apt done and prove its me, they issue it and its over and this doesn't turn into a couple year ordeal, crossing my fingers. Anyone have to do this before?

yes. it sucks
you need to call the credit bureaus and put an ID theft hold / freeze on your account, file a report with the police station, call your bank, credit card company
you should also, change all the pw and security questions of everything financial

the other thing that really sucks is that you never find out who hacked you or how

which reminds me I should check my credit reports this w/e
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

emay

Quote from: slslbs on March 03, 2017, 01:23:41 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyCO on March 03, 2017, 11:22:50 AM

yes. it sucks
you need to call the credit bureaus and put an ID theft hold / freeze on your account, file a report with the police station, call your bank, credit card company
you should also, change all the pw and security questions of everything financial

the other thing that really sucks is that you never find out who hacked you or how

which reminds me I should check my credit reports this w/e

Yeah my company gave me that ProtectMyID account, I heard they are pretty good at monitoring your stuff. Someone at HR gave all the W-2s to a phisher so they shouldnt have my bank acct info since they arent listed on the W-2 and I immediately added the extra keywords to the acct so that no one can call in and pretend to be me.
I have been checking my accts and got a notice from Protect my ID when Comcast ran a credit check to open a new acct.
They wont process my tax return until I go in person and prove my ID which I don't have a problem doing, I was just wondering if this will be it or if I will have to jump through hoops every year now cuz of this.

sls.stormyrider

no - they should give you a PIN for the next year's tax return
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

emay