News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

been trying to get my deposit for my old apt out of my old roommate and his friend for about 2 weeks with no luck. They keep saying yeah they'll pay and then when I ask them to send the money....crickets.....I am not sure what I can even do in this situation. I had to move to a new place in March to get out of my ex-ladie's spot and the subleaser I had left at the end of the lease and my old roommates friend signed in my spot instead of us both moving out. He still hasn't paid me the deposit. Rental company said they can only distribute the whole deposit when both residents move out so im pretty much just screwed out of the money.

birdman

Quote from: emayPhishyCO on March 28, 2017, 08:53:03 AM
been trying to get my deposit for my old apt out of my old roommate and his friend for about 2 weeks with no luck. They keep saying yeah they'll pay and then when I ask them to send the money....crickets.....I am not sure what I can even do in this situation. I had to move to a new place in March to get out of my ex-ladie's spot and the subleaser I had left at the end of the lease and my old roommates friend signed in my spot instead of us both moving out. He still hasn't paid me the deposit. Rental company said they can only distribute the whole deposit when both residents move out so im pretty much just screwed out of the money.
Ask him to pay in installments. It may take a while, but at least you may see some of the cash.
Paug FTMFW!

Marmar

Threaten them with Yanni, Zamfir and/or Kenny G being blasted at their windows till they pay up....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

emay

Quote from: birdman on March 28, 2017, 09:17:18 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyCO on March 28, 2017, 08:53:03 AM
Ask him to pay in installments. It may take a while, but at least you may see some of the cash.

I just proposed that this AM, hopefully that will get some traction out of them.

Quote from: Marmar on March 28, 2017, 09:27:49 AM
Threaten them with Yanni, Zamfir and/or Kenny G being blasted at their windows till they pay up....

Not a bad idea, I might have to resort to this

mbw

whatever happened to a good old fashioned leg breaking?

shoreline99

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 23, 2017, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 23, 2017, 12:15:20 PM
Quote from: ph92 on February 23, 2017, 11:23:59 AM

Also can we talk about the printers the IRS uses for their letters? What is this the 80s?

That's not going to change. The IRS doesn't have the budget to do the work they're mandated to do so printers aren't high on the list.

Actually, the answer may be even simpler than that. In most cases where dot-matrix or typeset printers are still in use, the primary reason they don't change is because they can create duplicate or triplicate documents. Laser printers cannot do this.

Yep. A lot of building departments use these still, for that reason. 3 part copies.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mistercharlie

Sump pump problems.  :|

I woke up to our battery back-up box making a horrendous SKWEEEEEE noise and neither pump was working. I was able to get it to stop making that noise and get that sump pump working. However, we have two sump pump pits in our basement and the other pit's pump appears to be dead and that probably caused the other one making the noise to be overworked last night. We have plumbers coming out now to find the problem/replace the pump. Not sure yet what the $ damage will be.

On the plus side, I got to make it a half day at the office today and leave when I'd usually be going to lunch.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2017, 11:49:15 AM

I woke up to our battery back-up box making a horrendous SKWEEEEEE noise and neither pump was working. I was able to get it to stop making that noise and get that sump pump working. However, we have two sump pump pits in our basement and the other pit's pump appears to be dead and that probably caused the other one making the noise to be overworked last night. We have plumbers coming out now to find the problem/replace the pump. Not sure yet what the $ damage will be.

On the plus side, I got to make it a half day at the office today and leave when I'd usually be going to lunch.

I was going to be a plumber once, but I didn't take the plunge.  Plumbing school was a real drain on me.

VDB

Quote from: mbw on April 19, 2017, 02:25:25 PM

I was going to be a plumber once, but I didn't take the plunge.  Plumbing school was a real drain on me.

Hopefully you didn't sink too much time or effort into it. Pipe up if I'm wrong about that.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

Quote from: VDB on April 19, 2017, 02:34:01 PM

Hopefully you didn't sink too much time or effort into it. Pipe up if I'm wrong about that.

Nah you are right, I couldn't get pumped for class. The decision to quit was really wrenching though.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on April 19, 2017, 02:41:03 PM

Nah you are right, I couldn't get pumped for class. The decision to quit was really wrenching though.
Well shit, you shouldn't have flushed that dream down the toilet. This repair is going to cost us 2K.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Well you know the old saying:

Those who can't lead

PVC.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2017, 02:51:56 PM

Well shit, you shouldn't have flushed that dream down the toilet. This repair is going to cost us 2K.

Dang, do you have that kind of cash flow, or are you tapped out?

anthrax

Quote from: mbw on April 19, 2017, 03:25:16 PM

You guys are all tools

birdman

Quote from: anthrax on April 19, 2017, 03:51:24 PM
Quote from: mbw on April 19, 2017, 03:25:16 PM

You guys are all tools
lol.
Paug FTMFW!