Author Topic: today, i hate:  (Read 548241 times)

Offline birdman

• In the Band
  • We'll help you party down!
Re: today, i hate:
« Reply #17625 on: April 19, 2017, 04:27:11 PM »
Are they replacing the pumps? If that's the case,  I know a guy who can get them cheap.
Paug FTMFW!

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #17626 on: April 19, 2017, 06:07:09 PM »
Sump pump problems.  :|

I woke up to our battery back-up box making a horrendous SKWEEEEEE noise and neither pump was working. I was able to get it to stop making that noise and get that sump pump working. However, we have two sump pump pits in our basement and the other pit's pump appears to be dead and that probably caused the other one making the noise to be overworked last night. We have plumbers coming out now to find the problem/replace the pump. Not sure yet what the $ damage will be.

On the plus side, I got to make it a half day at the office today and leave when I'd usually be going to lunch.

I was going to be a plumber once, but I didn't take the plunge.  Plumbing school was a real drain on me.

Hopefully you didn't sink too much time or effort into it. Pipe up if I'm wrong about that.

Nah you are right, I couldn't get pumped for class. The decision to quit was really wrenching though.
Well shit, you shouldn't have flushed that dream down the toilet. This repair is going to cost us 2K.

Dang, do you have that kind of cash flow, or are you tapped out?

Luckily they let us finance it, so the money will trickle out instead of pour out.
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #17627 on: April 19, 2017, 06:14:10 PM »
Are they replacing the pumps? If that's the case,  I know a guy who can get them cheap.

Yeah, he replaced the dead pump today. When he opened the pit he could smell what had happened to the pump, it had blown it's bearings and filled the pit with grease. We had the pump in the other pit replaced last year. when it died. The sump pumps were the oldest appliances(?) in the house when we moved in. I just didn't think it was going to be so damned expensive to replace them. We should be set for at least a few years now though.
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
« Reply #17628 on: April 19, 2017, 11:20:29 PM »

I woke up to our battery back-up box making a horrendous SKWEEEEEE noise and neither pump was working. I was able to get it to stop making that noise and get that sump pump working. However, we have two sump pump pits in our basement and the other pit's pump appears to be dead and that probably caused the other one making the noise to be overworked last night. We have plumbers coming out now to find the problem/replace the pump. Not sure yet what the $ damage will be.

On the plus side, I got to make it a half day at the office today and leave when I'd usually be going to lunch.

I was going to be a plumber once, but I didn't take the plunge.  Plumbing school was a real drain on me.

Hopefully you didn't sink too much time or effort into it. Pipe up if I'm wrong about that.

Nah you are right, I couldn't get pumped for class. The decision to quit was really wrenching though.
Well shit, you shouldn't have flushed that dream down the toilet. This repair is going to cost us 2K.

Luckily they let us finance it, so the money will trickle out instead of pour out.

Good to hear.  I've come across some pretty drippy plumbers who don't give you that option.  They just expect you to have a large pool of cash to pay them.

Offline nab

• In the Band
« Reply #17629 on: April 21, 2017, 12:52:00 AM »

Good to hear.  I've come across some pretty drippy plumbers who don't give you that option.  They just expect you to have a large pool of cash to pay them.

I've yet to hear of one joint who doesn't employ a snake or two in some hairball scheme.