News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/04 - Jones Beach Amphitheater - Wantagh, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 05, 2009, 12:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiPhish

Quote from: mattstick on June 05, 2009, 09:43:43 AM

So is this the summer of YEM?  I didn't expect to see it again for a while after Fenway but it showed up just 2 nights later.

5 times a day brotha  :-D

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i kept up with the show last night during a dinner party and this thing looks good.

listened to the divided sky this morning getting ready,... so beautiful.

can't wait for more to listen to tomorrow!
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

keeb333

Listening right now for the first time (Thanks Mr. Miner!)

Man, I cashed out early last night!  Didn't even make it to meatstick!  :|

Set looks cool, though.  Can't wait to see what they bring out tonight!  :banana:

MiamiPhish

I'm thinking soamelt and slave for starters  :banana:

but who knows, really

keeb333

Quote from: MiamiPhish on June 05, 2009, 10:35:14 AM

but who knows, really

I think SOAM could def. be on deck for tonight!

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Undermind

Quote from: keeb333 on June 05, 2009, 11:02:40 AM
Quote from: MiamiPhish on June 05, 2009, 10:35:14 AM

but who knows, really

I think SOAM could def. be on deck for tonight!
I see a Maze and Golgi coming tonight as well
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

mattstick

keeb333

OK..so far this tour, my favorite performances are the Ghost and Antelope from last night....on fire, grooving, and nasty!! :clap: :beers:

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Brocelot

I am really wondering when they plan on dropping Llama hopefully to open tonight, that, Golgi, and damn near everything from round room are the songs that have been noticeable absent from 3.0.  Also I thought after that Undermind at Hampton we would already have a land mark version in the books

rowjimmy

Set II

Water In The Sky - I like the slow version.

Birds - Rawk

Drowned > Jam - This shit was freaking great. I had to listen to it twice to confirm bu there is a distinct absence of suck in that Jam.

Meatstick - meh. I can't be objective about meatstick. I don't wanna hear it. I almost hate this song as much as Jennifer Dances. It's a blatant ripoff with horrendous lyrics best improvised late in a binge.

TTE - If I ignore the lyrics, I kinda like this song. Problem is, I'm a song writer. I listen to lyrics as a matter of nature. that said, aside from a bit where the vocals went off pitch (to painful result) I ignored them well enough to make it to the end of this song which has always rocked (and does here.)

Waste - this is a pretty song. I like it, my wife loves it (chicks  :roll: j/k) This version works just fine. Nothing special.

YEM - nice intro. the nirvana segment rolls along well. Mike is making some strong opening statements on his solo riffs. Good Note(s). Mike is relentless on the WUFDMTF groove. Page's solo during Tramps is cool. Trey takes over for the Jam and lays down a nice tempered solo. Mike is splattering nasty funk underneath. Trey takes it up a notch but he's still staying with the band. Page is all over this too on the Piano... fuck yeah. Absolutely gonna be bumping this one on the way into Camden Sunday. NOW Trey is wailing and in the best manner. Mike is owning it though and as Trey dissolves into feedback we get the Bass/Drums segment which starts with a great break down from Mike.  Fish comes in and follows Mike's lead with a lil woodblock. What a silly guy. Aaaaand Vocal Jam: spooky.   
Great YEM.

Rock & Roll - This is exactly what the title suggests. Excellent, concise, version.

This show is pretty good. Hell, I even like TTE.

Undermind

Quote from: noonanjs on June 05, 2009, 11:30:15 AM
 Also I thought after that Undermind at Hampton we would already have a land mark version in the books

I absolutely have been itchin' for a jammed out Undermind

All I listened too so far today from No spoliers was Grind(which was very quiet) and Divided Sky.  Man Trey hit that Divided Sky like I haven't heard in a long time!
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Undermind

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 05, 2009, 11:36:18 AM
Set II

Birds - Rawk

Drowned > Jam - This shit was freaking great. I had to listen to it twice to confirm bu there is a distinct absence of suck in that Jam.

Meatstick - meh. I can't be objective about meatstick. I don't wanna hear it. I almost hate this song as much as Jennifer Dances. It's a blatant ripoff with horrendous lyrics best improvised late in a binge.

TTE - If I ignore the lyrics, I kinda like this song. Problem is, I'm a song writer. I listen to lyrics as a matter of nature. that said, aside from a bit where the vocals went off pitch (to painful result) I ignored them well enough to make it to the end of this song which has always rocked (and does here.)

Waste - this is a pretty song. I like it, my wife loves it (chicks  :roll: j/k) This version works just fine. Nothing special.

YEM - nice intro. the nirvana segment rolls along well. Mike is making some strong opening statements on his solo riffs. Good Note(s). Mike is relentless on the WUFDMTF groove. Page's solo during Tramps is cool. Trey takes over for the Jam and lays down a nice tempered solo. Mike is splattering nasty funk underneath. Trey takes it up a notch but he's still staying with the band. Page is all over this too on the Piano... fuck yeah. Absolutely gonna be bumping this one on the way into Camden Sunday. NOW Trey is wailing and in the best manner. Mike is owning it though and as Trey dissolves into feedback we get the Bass/Drums segment which starts with a great break down from Mike.  Fish comes in and follows Mike's lead with a lil woodblock. What a silly guy. Aaaaand Vocal Jam: spooky.   
Great YEM.

Rock & Roll - This is exactly what the title suggests. Excellent, concise, version.

WOW!!!!

blatboom

Quote from: deuce2_420 on June 05, 2009, 11:39:24 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 05, 2009, 11:36:18 AM
Set II

Birds - Rawk

Great YEM.

WOW!!!!

convert'd