News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The New Mastersounds

Started by Undermind, July 11, 2009, 02:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danje

Quote from: Undermind on March 23, 2010, 07:32:25 PM
Man, I'm itchin' to see these guys, and reviews like this don't help.  If only they'd come to f'n New England!

http://www.crawdaddy.com/index.php/2010/03/18/live-show-review-the-new-mastersounds-at-the-fillmore-san-francisco/

Just got a response to an email from their booking agent!

Re: The New Mastersounds Need to Come to Maine‏
Sent:    Wed 3/24/10 12:02 PM
To:    Greg Doucette (deuce2_420@hotmail.com)
Working on it

On 3/23/10 6:44 PM, "Greg Doucette" <deuce2_420@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Hunter,
    I am pleading with you to please book some shows in Maine.  We have a wonderful venue in Portland that would be perfect for them to play.  It is called the Port City Music Hall.  Artists that have played there since they opened include The Disco Biscuits, Ween, Umphrey's McGee, Medeski, Martin, and Wood, The Derek Trucks Band, Lotus, UMelt.  The list really goes on and on.  The venue is only a little over a year old and has a great sound system.  I think the capacity is 550 people.  Please get in touch with them and book the New Mastersounds in Maine.  They will be excepted greatly I'm sure!  Thank you in advance for getting this done!

Greg Doucette,
    Standish, Maine, USA

Nice job! Hopefully if they work their way up to Maine, they'll swing by my neck of the woods also.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Undermind

Quote from: danje on March 26, 2010, 11:52:41 AM
Quote from: Undermind on March 23, 2010, 07:32:25 PM
Man, I'm itchin' to see these guys, and reviews like this don't help.  If only they'd come to f'n New England!

http://www.crawdaddy.com/index.php/2010/03/18/live-show-review-the-new-mastersounds-at-the-fillmore-san-francisco/

Just got a response to an email from their booking agent!

Re: The New Mastersounds Need to Come to Maine‏
Sent:    Wed 3/24/10 12:02 PM
To:    Greg Doucette (deuce2_420@hotmail.com)
Working on it

On 3/23/10 6:44 PM, "Greg Doucette" <deuce2_420@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Hunter,
    I am pleading with you to please book some shows in Maine.  We have a wonderful venue in Portland that would be perfect for them to play.  It is called the Port City Music Hall.  Artists that have played there since they opened include The Disco Biscuits, Ween, Umphrey's McGee, Medeski, Martin, and Wood, The Derek Trucks Band, Lotus, UMelt.  The list really goes on and on.  The venue is only a little over a year old and has a great sound system.  I think the capacity is 550 people.  Please get in touch with them and book the New Mastersounds in Maine.  They will be excepted greatly I'm sure!  Thank you in advance for getting this done!

Greg Doucette,
    Standish, Maine, USA

Nice job! Hopefully if they work their way up to Maine, they'll swing by my neck of the woods also.

It worked!!!!  They are playing the Port City Music Hall on June 5th!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

mistercharlie

Write them back and see if you can get on the guest list.  :smoke:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 11, 2010, 08:25:05 PM

cool deal, and way to go G! you probably could be on the guest list, worth writing another quick email for...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

McGrupp

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 17, 2010, 02:55:33 PM

cool deal, and way to go G! you probably could be on the guest list, worth writing another quick email for...

Def. You should ask for 10% of the bar too.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on May 19, 2010, 03:02:18 AM

And for some booger sugar and a backstage betty kickdown....  :crazy: :smoke:

Undermind

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 20, 2010, 11:00:13 AM

:-D
I'm on the guest list +1, but not sure about back stage yet.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Undermind on May 21, 2010, 05:54:55 AM

Kick ass!!! That's pretty cool. Bet you're glad that I suggested it.  :beers:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 21, 2010, 09:05:52 AM
Quote from: Undermind on May 21, 2010, 05:54:55 AM

Kick ass!!! That's pretty cool. Bet you're glad that I suggested it.  :beers:
:beers:

Just ran across some minimalist NMS

THE NEW MASTERSOUNDS "Flimsy Lewis"

Undermind

gah

Dude, I know you dig on the New Mastersounds quite a bit, but I gotta ask, have you listened to the Meters? I mean, that's the original real deal funky shit right there.

Look-Ka Py Py

Cissy Strut

Just Kissed my Baby

Undermind

Definitely like the Meters.   I hung out with George Porter a few years back after he played with my friend's band.  He was in town playing with Gov't Mule and came to the club they were playing after his Gig with Warren.  They played a couple of tunes and were really cool down to earth guys.  Unfortunately I haven't seen the Meters play live yet but they are in the rotation quite a bit.  I just find the NMS to be refreshing to the current "jamband" scene and deserve to be mentioned.

gah

Quote from: Undermind on May 22, 2010, 11:31:29 AM
Definitely like the Meters.   I hung out with George Porter a few years back after he played with my friend's band.  He was in town playing with Gov't Mule and came to the club they were playing after his Gig with Warren.  They played a couple of tunes and were really cool down to earth guys.  Unfortunately I haven't seen the Meters play live yet but they are in the rotation quite a bit.  I just find the NMS to be refreshing to the current "jamband" scene and deserve to be mentioned.

Oh, most definitely. First time I saw them was at Jazzfest a few years ago at the HOB Parrish. Umphreys Mcgee was playing downstairs at the House of Blues proper, and it was sold out and there was tons of kids standing around outside trying to get an extra. Meanwhile, right upstairs from that, to a maybe 2/3rds full room, the NMS were throwing it down with some serious heat and all types of guest NOLA horn players! It was a great time.

Don't mean to jack the thread, but here's some more funk I think you'd enjoy.

Straight.

Dirty.

Undermind

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 22, 2010, 11:58:05 AM
Quote from: Undermind on May 22, 2010, 11:31:29 AM

Oh, most definitely. First time I saw them was at Jazzfest a few years ago at the HOB Parrish. Umphreys Mcgee was playing downstairs at the House of Blues proper, and it was sold out and there was tons of kids standing around outside trying to get an extra. Meanwhile, right upstairs from that, to a maybe 2/3rds full room, the NMS were throwing it down with some serious heat and all types of guest NOLA horn players! It was a great time.

Don't mean to jack the thread, but here's some more funk I think you'd enjoy.

Straight.

Dirty.

right on dude!  Thanks for the vids!
+k