News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Favorite 3.0 Moments

Started by antelope19, December 01, 2009, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

FENWAY--the big Northeastern 'paug-down.

ALBANY-- :phish: is back on track.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

cleech74

Since I only have two shows to go on, here goes.

Camden: Finally meeting up with some other 'Paugers than Aug and 'Lope (no disrespect to either of you, we'll always have Camden Yards).  RJ invited me to sit in the coveted Skins chair, and I remember beers, talking to khalpin (hockey fan) and  :wtu: I remember telling you to enjoy your time on tour (being 21yrs old and all), and asked about hangin' with the older heads.

Merriweather Wolf shirt madness (Faux was freaked-out by it's awesomeness), meeting Mandi (more Natty Boh fun), and almost leaving my tickets in my bookbag, which would've been locked in rj's trunk.  It was also my g/f first real Phish show, after Mike @ the State & Trey with the BSO.

Good times, good times.  I've missed out on some of the Fall Fun, but hearing of all the great stories since, has scratched the itch.  For now!
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

ocelot

Sunday at Hampton (only one I made it to): Disease.  Really blew me away.

Camden:  Sand was obviously incredible.  Tweezer was great.  Also one of my close friend's first show and it was great to share the experience with him.

Bonnaroo both nights:  Girlfriend and I waited about 3 to 4 hours each time to get up front and we were really close for each.  They didn't jam like crazy but they still owned Bonnaroo!

Philly 1:  last minute decision to make the trip up from VA and it definitely paid off.  Loved the slave.

Tweezy

Fest 8 the loving cup to end all loving cups! This entire set really. I love this album and man, they did they do it justice! I just wanna see his face, ventilator blues... Conpletly blown away with how tight they sounded. It was the I realized how connected they are again. Don't forget the Suzy either. So good!

The acoustic set was something special too. McGrupp, Curtain, and I developed a new appresh for secret smile.
If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

sophist

Hampton:  Hooking August up with a ticket for his 100th show (3/6) for face value, and giving Slim a Saturday ticket for face value and getting to meet up with them and briefly chill with them.  Running into RJ, RR, MB, Slim, and August on 3/6 for the first big paug meet up. 
The huge Paug meet up on Sunday where I got to meet a lot of y'all for the first time.  Obviously, the Fluffhead is what stands out the most to me, and the Div'd Sky that followed will forever be one of my favorite memories from that weekend. 

Asheville: Running into Hood and WTU in the beer line.  I still find this hilarious to hear Hood talking about paugers behind me and I turn around and introduce myself to them.  The Ghost really stands out from this show for me.

Knoxville: Waves -> ASIHTOS. 

Merriweather Post Pavilion:  Big paug meet up and the hilarity of the meet up. 

Cincy: the YEM from night one and the Rock and Roll -> Ghost from night two. 

I'm sure I will update this post after this weekend and again after NYE.   :-D
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

khalpin

In order....As silly as it sounds, the live setlist threads, especially Hampton.  Getting live updates from RJ and waking up and watching all of the videos on youtube and realizing Phish was finally back.  It was nothing compared to being there, I'm sure, but it was still exciting.

Meeting August in NYC and tasting/sampling all sorts of fantastic beers for hours on end, chatting about  :phish: and everything else.

Meeting everyone @ Camden, even though I missed half of you guys.  Being jealous of :wtu: for being on tour.  Realizing after I left that cleech and I had the same first show, but I forgot to mention it.  And of course, finally seeing the boys again and letting it soak in that I was at a show and savoring every minute of it.

Meeting Aaditya and JustJezmund in Philly, finally having good seats for a show and it being for the one with the ridiculous setlist.  Bummed I missed out meeting everyone else, though.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Tweezy on December 01, 2009, 09:34:30 PM
Alpine TMWSIY. my first one and itcwas dine rather elegantly. Completly taken away, and grooved to some Hasidic chants before coming back to reality. Good pavilion seats with my brother (dude so got me into phish), great friends and most memorable time.

Totally.  I forgot about this.  My first since Hampton 1996!  Father's day jam! (My Father, My King).

gah

Didn't write in this yet. Like most folks, that fluffhead opener, but even before that, just entering Hampton Friday night, right after getting your ticket scanned, standing there in the hallway with everyone screaming and so excited, and hugging and high fiving at just being there, that was amazing.

Fenway, the night before the show, standing in that marketplace, something Hall, whatever, and blazing with a bunch of paugers, awesome.

Asheville, meeting with up guyforget and co. having a sweet pad to crash at, and meeting with all the other folks, keeb and co, and seeing this new town I hadn't otherwise had a chance to see. Also, standing in line with wtu for beers, asking where Sophist was, and he turns around, awesome. Really, being like, last tm I got from him, he was still on the road, and he's like, what, what? and it was cool.

Burgettstown, making that 8 hour drive solo to meet up with folks in the lot, good times, a good place to get some thinking done.

Gorge, what a long journey, set up camp at 4 in the morning, woke up to hit the bathroom to that amazing view! I couldn't go back to sleep, had to just walk around and take it all in.....amazing. Seeing so many east coast friends out there, awesome. And meeting up with nab and his wife, good peoples. And the paug get together under the infamous dolphin tapestry.... :rawk: with jphishman's homebrew nonetheless!  :-D

Merriweather, even though the show ranks on the bottom for me for the year, meeting up with even more paugers, and being able to make a 3 person transfer to get fpfr a ticket felt alright.

Philly, meeting kevin and crew, and jj, and ww, and the rest of the va crew, even for a short bit, hanging with friends I hadn't seen in a year plus...good times.

And now this weekend, well, this weekend will be awesome.....no matter what happens with the show, I already have a feeling, its going to be something special.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Shadowmaster

Edit: Just for what I went to.

8, the whole weekend ruled. Thanks again Phish.

Throwing up in the port-o-potty outside Hampton, night 2

Burgettstown the Mike bass jam and Hood.

Albany 2nd night 7 Below>Ghost

Camel Walk in Philly night 1

The crowd in Cinci night 2

MPP 46 Days

guyforget

i have experienced 2 events during 3.0 that are not only standout moments for 2009, they are standout moments in my entire phish career:

4 nights at red rocks
festival 8

i could probably write sweet blogs about both events that would require an afternoon to read.  the people, places, and the phish just made these experiences really magical.  but i can sum it up like this - if phish decided to play 4 nights at red rocks every summer, and 3 nights in indio every fall, i would go to those events every single year and never complain about "not getting enough shows out west."  i would hope that i could spend them with the same people whom i enjoyed them with this year - old friends, new friends, 'paug friends, everyone. 

other totally awesome, but not quite epic-city, events would include asheville (pickled lambs tongue, 'paugers, indoors show in the summertime), and our last minute decision to go to hampton sunday night (on the road again w/ my regular tour buddy, also wife's first show).  burgettstown as well (hometown gig, 1st show w/ my brother since 2000, too many friends to see em all). 

darien was also great in that it well could have been the last time that i and my best tour bud just took off driving on our own (no womens) to go see phish together, so... bittersweet.  jones beach was cool in that we were reunited w/ some of our 2004 crew, which was rad.  but the weather was the absolute suck and some other things went down that just kind of soured the vibe, though they appear to have worked out for the best, clouds and silver linings and that kinda shit. 

:beers:    :phish:
-AD_

mbw

fenway - definitely my fondest paug memory of the year.  the night before was out of control.  met so many d00ds for the first time.  pie, birdman, sunrise, antelope, wtu, goodabout and leo.  my fav quote of the night came from sunrise, who upon learning that i was "mirthbeatenworker," im shy and didnt introduce myself as such, said, "why didnt you say so, i thought you were just (mandi) baggage."  :lol:

the next day also met up with august, matt, sls and lbs, redrum and mb for the first time, drinkin beers across the street all afternoon.  i was really blown away that EVERYONE was good people whom i would normally associate with irl.  crashed at wtu apartment that night with leo and his bro-in-law.

the show:  i was dumbfounded by the time the show started, i thought it might be a dream, or better yet, phish just reunited to come out and sing the national anthem at a sox game i happened to be at.  tears started flowing as they took the stage.  destiny, tweezer>light, curtis lowe, yem, tweeprise....awesome.  thanks antelope for stubbin us down set 2.  holy shit phish is back........

deer creek - crazy gettin in, but we did.  tried to pick up wtu before hand but it wasnt gonna happen due to the line getting in.  finally he showed up, suitcase and all, inside DC, stubbed him down to pavillion where i proceeded to feed him drinks.  lookin behind me to check out the scene, i notice a familiar face right behind us.  i ask mandi, "is that whyweigh?", and sure as shit it is, the very row behind us!  crazy ass storm ensues and pages tells us it will be an extra long setbreak....rain lets up and we venture to the lawn for a hopeful meet-up....
next thing i know we spot a cape, and hear jphishman yell, "where are all the paugers!"  meet-up spontaneously ensues....
light show by mother nature....

got to meet kellerb, disco and jphishman for the first time.  met blaise previously in chicago.  it was hot  :wink:
the show - wedge, fluff, 2001, monkey.....awesome
a crazy walk back to the car in a downpour, totally soaked.  mandi's gps ftw on the way to my cousins house in cicero indiana.  giving wtu his first bed and shower in a while....
morning time with coffee and doughnuts with my aunt and uncle who said we were crazy to be driving up to alpine for two more nights....   :wtu:

alpine - drove up in my work mini-van with mandi and wtu, who did the smoke, nap, smoke, nap the whole way up.  :wtu: 
we pwned scott in the golf peg game at cracker barrel.  got there and the fun began.  met up with willbreathes, who is one of my fav people now, who found us at our van.  got down to the entrance and had a sweet meet-up with matt, will, jedi, phg, tet and roggae. many beers were drank and much smoked of the dank....
ran into blaise at this show too up on our perch in the lawn.

got to crash at my bf's lake house in geneva, had a great afternoon between shows catching catfish

the shows - pyite, jim, makisupa, c&p,  lizards, brother w/the kids, tmwsiy>avenu>tmwsiy, bug, boogie, frankenstein....yes!

toyota park - mirthmania vs. mandimonium!  what a fun day.  really disappointed wtu has this day on his "bad" list.  had a crew over at the place which included kellerb, bobafett, pie, gbl, flow, wtu and willsteele.
overlookin lake michigan and the city, food, cheap beers, food, bobafetts shrooms and fun abounded.  family and friends were also in tow, including pie-guys dad!

http://www.youtube.com/v/Iqc7-a3x31o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0

met up with a few of my hometown friends i hadnt seen in a long time, accidentally...good times
wtu and friends crashed at the pad the night before and mandi's sister and friend crashed the night of.
the show:  paul and silas, 2001, carini...the carini was mad!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/8TyfXuZrSKw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0

festival 8
- what can i say....the most beautiful, serene, classy rock concert evAr....!
wish i was still there....

hitler was PISSED redrum couldnt make it...
http://www.youtube.com/v/MoXbEL85akc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0

hicks and his wife were gracious enough to give us a ride from the airport to our collective hotels, then the venue.  got in line at the gates and ran right into guyforget & crew!  good sign.  got some foam and headed in...  made our way to where pie was supposed to be with his knee high sock pole....no luck.  we start rockin and i turn around and see the knee high sock coming our way!  pie is just pushin dudes out the way, saying "we're almost there!"  i say "you're here" and stop him in his tracks.  party time ensues and wtu finds us as well, spun....  :wtu:

the show:  party time, sky, coil, exile, suzy, acoustic set!, geulah, esther, et al.

one of the most amazing weekends ever! met up with disco, jphishman, caravan, justjezmund, whyweigh...
my uncle lightning (old school dead head) comes down and parties for a night, sharon jones ftw on exile, acoustic set, and tons o' phish. palm trees dancing, torches dancing, the paug dancin....yea.....festival 9 or bust.

thats wtu

thanks again to pie-guy for the hotel and transport hookup, but more importantly for the best time in a long time!!  you rule.

what a weekend and what a year of phish!

thank you week4paug!!!

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

gah

^^^ awesome post! and to add to my list and yours, you have to include creating the funniest post of all time, with you hitler/rr/8 clip!  :lol:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

Quote from: goodabouthood on December 06, 2009, 07:43:45 PM
^^^ awesome post! and to add to my list and yours, you have to include creating the funniest post of all time, with you hitler/rr/8 clip!  :lol:

i'll add it  :-D

Caravan2001

Hampton- Fluffhead....'nuff said

Fox- Trekking to the show with JPhishman, meeting up with Leo too and hitting the college bar after were girls were drinking out of plungers..Really good Brian and Robert too....

Red Rocks-  Kicking it with my crew, meeting up with Slim, C&P->Drowned, drinking a brew with Hics and Guy in teh Lot....

Festival 8-  The Exile set (ragin it with Hix and my crew), meeting more Paug peeps and hanging during the acoustic set, really good chicken caesar wrap before said acoustic set...MBW's Hitler post (too classic!) and $100 worth of beer a day....

MSG- It was all so fun.....Kicking it with WTU and JPhisman for the Friday show ruled...I was a dancing fool....But STILL did not get to metup with RR and MBird  :|....And saw Aug for an all-too-brief moment

Lot's of good times this year!  Cool meeting up with new peeps (you guys) on tour!  2010 is gonna be tits mcgee!