News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Complete Phish shows uploaded

Started by guyforget, February 07, 2010, 06:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

-AD_

guyforget

I decided that random wasnt the best strategy....

So Im going to try to add every show that the show club has reviewed.

Of course, Ill probably never get through all of them, but its something to do when Im bored.
-AD_

ytowndan

I'll pitch in and do some.  What bitrate are you using?  It'd be nice to keep them constant. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

guyforget

Quote from: ytowndan on February 08, 2010, 01:38:58 AM
I'll pitch in and do some.  What bitrate are you using?  It'd be nice to keep them constant. 

it would be nice, buuuuut...

i dont have the patience for that kind of endeavor.  im not going to convert these myself or anything.  im downloading them from that phish downloads google spreadsheet w/ all of the mediafire links and such directly to a directory on the week4paug.net server from which i can automatically import into the media center.  then i change the names, add an image, and voila. 

i dont see this as a way to preserve any sort of trader integrity, in fact, i cant see many people caring too much to download all of these individual files and assemble them into cds.  might as well just use the spreadsheet for that. 

but imagine post-show discussion threads when we can upload mp3s to the media center and embed them into our posts. 

or the show-club discussions, embedded mp3s can surely be relevant there. 

i wouldnt recommend using 'paug as a jukebox, but some hard-up folks might just do that, if they can find a jam long enough to not get annoying every time the track ends. 

that is, for the phish and other concert mp3's.  things like the mixes and other special type things might see more download action. 
-AD_

ytowndan

Quote from: guyforget on February 08, 2010, 03:09:01 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on February 08, 2010, 01:38:58 AM

it would be nice, buuuuut...

i dont have the patience for that kind of endeavor.  im not going to convert these myself or anything.  im downloading them from that phish downloads google spreadsheet w/ all of the mediafire links and such directly to a directory on the week4paug.net server from which i can automatically import into the media center.  then i change the names, add an image, and voila. 

i dont see this as a way to preserve any sort of trader integrity, in fact, i cant see many people caring too much to download all of these individual files and assemble them into cds.  might as well just use the spreadsheet for that. 

but imagine post-show discussion threads when we can upload mp3s to the media center and embed them into our posts. 

or the show-club discussions, embedded mp3s can surely be relevant there. 

i wouldnt recommend using 'paug as a jukebox, but some hard-up folks might just do that, if they can find a jam long enough to not get annoying every time the track ends. 

that is, for the phish and other concert mp3's.  things like the mixes and other special type things might see more download action.

Ahh...gotcha.  The spreadsheet might be quicker (or at least easier) for me too.  And, yes, this wouldn't hold any integrity for trading purposes.

But, for a good ipod fix, it'd be nice if we could get a bigger limit on the size.  That way we could up large jams/segues/partial sets in one file.  Kind of similar to Aug's old Daily Download thread, except we could keep it all in house.  Kind of a one stop shop.

guyforget

i thought about that, but i havent done much audio work lately and dont remember anything that would merge mp3's.  and i would prefer to not do conversions, etc. 
-AD_

ytowndan

The few times I did it for the old downloads section, I just used wav joiner.  Lossless>Wav>Wav joiner> mp3.  Then I'd up the one big mp3 file. 

cambodi

Usually when I seed a show over at bt.etree.org I will make a VO set of files for my ipod.

So my question is would be ok to post a link there for the peeps that would like to put on their Ipods/mp3 players?

Any information is much appreciated.

JodyCambodi