News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/10 - Town Park - Telluride, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by redrum, August 11, 2010, 12:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

im sad to be leaving this magical place. 

tonight was awesome, another great show, i know people are going to hate on some of the 2nd set placements like destiny and especially heavy things but i dont think either were egregious and in fact i very much enjoyed my first destiny. 

capping off the night watching a meteor shower on disco's patio was fuckin amazing, if anything could leave one speechless after these 2 nights in this crazy place, that session did it.  just sick. 

awesome to kick it with mattstick, disco, whatapiper, wtu, jphish, phg today! 

-AD_

Marmar

set 1 looks like weaksauce....

set 2 looks interesting....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Marmar on August 11, 2010, 07:39:14 AM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
If that set looks like weaksauce, you may wanna look for a new band.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

sophist

Quote from: Phishy69 on August 11, 2010, 08:20:11 AM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
If that set looks like weaksauce, you may wanna look for a new band.
Gotta agree with Mar.  I haven't heard it, but on paper that looks like complete shit to me.  The sequence of songs looks like it wouldn't allow any flow to the set. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

I think we all know that what a set looks like on paper has little bearing to how it sounds (unless the letters are sequenced thusly: TTE.)

phil

set 2 looks interesting....

i thought both sets looked good, dl'ing now so i'll give it a listen here in a little bit and see. my only beef with it on paper is shine a light, i'm kinda tired of that song
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Marmar

fo realz.....4 bathroom songs in a set?.....bleh....

I'm shure it was a decent set and all...but for me, 4 BB songs in a set is just weaksauce......

I.
The Squirming Coil, Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan, Ya Mar, Timber,Let Me Lie, Divided Sky, Walk Away, Roses Are Free, Limb by Limb, Bouncing Around the Room, Run Like an Antelope

For me Limb x is a hit-or-miss proposition......there's no grey area with the song for me, it's either good or ugly.....

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

rowjimmy

I'd say your math is wrong but you're entitled to to dislike good songs if you want.

Marmar

There's just something about Stealing Time that irritates me......

rowjimmy

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 11, 2010, 08:32:09 AM
I think we all know that what a set looks like on paper has little bearing to how it sounds (unless the letters are sequenced thusly: TTE.)

THIS
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Marmar

I dig the words....it's just the tonality of the music.....it doesn't do anything for me

blatboom

it's all subjective.  Stealing Time rocks, and I like Limb & Bouncin.