News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Organization

Started by jedifunk, August 31, 2005, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

your doing some good work here!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I've posted some screenshots to the master thread in the general forums.  We'll see what the masses have to say.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

hey, those screen shots have the url in them.

Not that this is all a big secret but, hey, if i was not already involved, i'd see that and go running to the wiki url and start poking around.

jephrey

so would I, I suppose.  But we'll go hit anyone making changes eh?  Considering the lack of responses, maybe guy or jedi could make that a sticky so it gets some exposure???  That, and I'd like to make the suggestion for one more person on this squad.  It's a big undertaking, and I like it being us 4, but one more, IMO, would add another dimension.  I suppose that's going to depend on interest as well as anal retentivity.  We want perfection right?  Just a suggestion.  If we all dig the idea, we can make a poll, maybe take nominees and put it to a vote, or ask for a "why I want to be on the squad" statement and take the best, or just take the person who sounds the most enthuiastic. 

At the same time, if there are no objections/responses, I am thinking of taking stuff to the next level...  Entering the whole island tours' setlists.  A few more song pages.  Maybe start the year in review page and the tour in review page.  This still won't set anything into stone because it's only 4 shows but it'll allow me to look at the setlist entry process and begin a document on how to enter setlists in the master list, and then create a page so we can maybe get others to do some entry.

Any thoughts?

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

Go to town.
I'm a little wrapped up in work lately (go figure) and one of my other side projects.. but I'm not out.

jedifunk

me neither, i've had some rough days of late, but am trying to get back on track.

also, i'm volunteering for the hurricane relief effort, so i may be headed down south for a few days...

but i'm still in!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Yeah, I'm convinced that we're all in this.  I like doing the work, I am just trying to get concensus on some things.  I might add a few more things and see where we're at.  I'll keep us posted.

Jephrey

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ok, i'll take on the task of entering in the setlists for 1997 & 1999 to start.

first i'll have to know how the templates work though...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Well, a template won't really work with a numbered list.  I did use a template for the title area of the setlists page though.  It's the crap in braces at the top.  It seems that it's pretty good the way it is. 

The process would go...
1.  Write the general paragraph style setlist on the "Setlists" page, I provided a link.  It's cool to use copy/paste with an existing one to know what you're doing.
2.  Use copy/paste with an existing setlist on it's setlist detail page and just modify dates and such.  You may have to find the db.etree showid or the livephish id (if it exists)

Maybe you should wait a minute.  I was hoping to get some replies before going full on.  Plus, I have been tweaking some things.  The more that are finished before we completely set this in stone, the more we have to modify as we do new things.  On the other hand, maybe it's easier to modify than to hold off and enter the whole thing.  Do what you wish.  Maybe posting a few will get you an idea.  I'll try to post a couple tomorrow and get a process for entering a new one writen.  Then we can see if we can disperse the workload or if we should just take our time and run with it.  Let's just stick to setlists for now.  The songs are turning out nice, but I don't want to go too crazy.  BTW, I know we'll be adding like a pictures/show reviews section.  There's that discussion tab that might be the right place for it.  Maybe just provide a link right on the page to go to discussion and users can post pictures and stories there???  I'll look into that too.

I'll write more tomorrow.

Jephrey

jephrey

I think the setlists, If you all like the format, may be ready for full scale entry.  I'll type up a process to make it easy.  I personally grabbed the setlists from the mockingbird site and used phish.net and setlist.com to come up with the most accurate representation (including > and the arrow and the notes)  Please don't hesitate to check my work and make changes, just make sure that you make the changes in the setlist page and the individual show page.  There are also "Jams" every now and again that we need concensus on.  Plus, stuff like the 2 instances of Brother on 4/5/98.  I made them 2 tracks because of the banter in between and trey claiming it is a different version.  Also check out the song page

http://week4paug.net/wiki/index.php/Punch_You_in_the_Eye

I put the "instances" part in a table instead because I noticed that it was fucked on my 12" screen at work.  I figure that if it works on this, it'll work on almost anyone elses monitor. 

Anyhow, I'll try to get a detailed process for setlists typed tonight...

Not to rush anyone, just curious if we can put in a logo (even if not the final, like says beta over the front or something).  It sounds easy in the users guide.

Jephrey

jephrey

Ok... the year pages...  Should we make a place for that text to go?  I don't mind it across the top, but in certain years, there may be a lot to say and it could push that data on the left down...  HHMMMM?  I'll try some other options...  I like the 2-column thing for show and song.

Jephrey