News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

time off

Started by jedifunk, September 06, 2005, 10:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

ok, well, we've taken a bit of a break from this for the weekend.  so...

hows everyone feeling about this project still?  are we still into it? or is it too much?
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

i've had a weekend to think about and just wanna say...

F**K this thing man... what a waste of time!

just kidding.
Still all about it.

guyforget

Im still pondering the points made in this thread: http://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,1655.0.html

I gotta fix that mail thing before anything, really, or else new users wont be able to sign up. 
-AD_

jephrey

As RJ says in the other thread as what he expects...  Stats won't change, they don't need to be dynamic.  I'll express again, that my most trusted source of information (The Pharmers) is on paper...  Sure there are mistakes, but it's the one-stop shopping place where I can get a plethora of information.  We can start as simple as that.  Sure there's data entry, but that's not so difficult.  sure there are mistakes, but it's a lot easier to fix on a page as opposed to in print.  The reason I like it as a wiki is the searching and links to stuff on the page you're looking at.  I think that alone justifies why we'd want a wiki over a plain site and why it would be better than my almanac.  I'd think that doing that on a plain site would be way more tedious.  The only thing I don't like about the almanac is flipping through the pages.  Clicking a link would be much easier.  I am also anal about setlists, so going to a "new" standard, that we decide on, is awesome.  There are inconsistencies in every setlist archive.  WE would have control of this one.  We could determine what gets a > and what gets an ->.  We can consult with others as the wiki is being built.  It is possible, as well, that if we figure the templates thing out, that we could have a larger team working on data entry and have this done in a short time (10 people, 2 setlists per person per day, 20 setlists per day, a few months tops...  I personally would be able to enter more per day as well)  songs would be kinda the same.  We can get data directly from other sources without infringing on anyone's work.  It seems practical to me, but alas, we must decide together.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

i'm all for it, i was just curious as the weekend seemed to keep everyone away from the site.

any progress on the templates?
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I actually had to work at work today...  Upon first look, the description seems a little over my head.  I'll probably start from the beginning.  I should have more time tomorrow.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.