News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

GBL

This season was a perfect example of the dangers of executive producers "taking" over a story.

Wish I had the will power to not watch any of those episodes and wait to read the book(s).
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

Thought that ending was alright.
[spoiler]Kinda reminded me of The Wire ending. Everything just went back into its place until the next supernatural uprising.[/spoiler]
I'm ready to move on with my life.

mbw

Quote from: ytowndan on May 16, 2019, 09:45:27 AM
It might have been more satisfying to see her murdered by any number of characters, but I still found it fitting for her to be reduced to a pathetic child crying, "I don't want to die, I don't want to die," as the symbol of all her supposed power crumbles and crushes her.

Apparently they would have been fine if they took a couple steps to the right.

Bobafett

Quote from: mbw on May 20, 2019, 11:51:25 AM
It might have been more satisfying to see her murdered by any number of characters, but I still found it fitting for her to be reduced to a pathetic child crying, "I don't want to die, I don't want to die," as the symbol of all her supposed power crumbles and crushes her.

I thought the same thing!  Maybe stand by one of the large columns that held the whole freaking keep upright.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

ytowndan

Quote from: Bobafett on May 20, 2019, 12:07:10 PM
Quote from: mbw on May 20, 2019, 11:51:25 AM

I thought the same thing!  Maybe stand by one of the large columns that held the whole freaking keep upright.

For real!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VA $l!m

Best part of season finale- Jesse Pinkman coming to Westowrld!!  :wink:

But seriously, all things considered i think they put a bow on things as best they could and overall i enjoyed this season.

It all really comes down to i think they couldnt have done any better considering any sort of realistic production time/budget restraints.
I mean the whole epilogue of Bran beign named king really could have stretched half a season if they were able to do that.
Both last season and this season probably got cut down to 33% total of how much the storyline should have afforded.
Though waiting for the 5 years of production that probablywould have taken is just completely unrealistic, so I'm content with what we got.

Now we just need an Arya goes west of Westeros spinoff.  :samurai:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

anthrax

these games of thrones memes on twitter have me cracking up!  so many good ones!!

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on May 20, 2019, 04:57:14 PM

Pretty much sums it up.

I am incredibly disappointed in this season especially.

It almost feels like watching Lost again. It was all great until the last season and a half.

I really hope George R.R.Martin finishes his books soon so we can have a proper ending to the story.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.