News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New turntable/speakers

Started by aphineday, January 01, 2011, 01:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Thanks, I'll have to look into seeing if that's available in my neck of the woods.
Definitely a beautiful table.
Does anyone have any experience with Pro-ject? All I see are good reviews and the model I'm looking at comes with an Ortofon red so there's $100 right there.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

justjezmund

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 12, 2015, 10:14:37 AM
Thanks, I'll have to look into seeing if that's available in my neck of the woods.
Does anyone have any experience with Pro-ject? All I see are good reviews and the model I'm looking at comes with an Ortofon red so there's $100 right there.

paging aug and aphineday.

those ortofons are so worth it alone.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: justjezmund on March 12, 2015, 11:44:28 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 12, 2015, 10:14:37 AM

paging aug and aphineday.

those ortofons are so worth it alone.

I already use an Ortofon red and it was worth every penny. I just want to have a turntable that I don't have to fiddle with every 6 months or so due to the belt slipping or the motor seizing. They're easy to fix but it's a pain in the ass.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

I worked for TEAC for several years, I wouldn't buy a TEAC.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on March 12, 2015, 12:23:50 PM

I worked for TEAC for several years, I wouldn't buy a TEAC.

Good to know, thanks.

mattstick

I know you want something new, not vintage, but the next time you're in Toronto check this place out... it's a furniture store but they had all kinds of really high end vintage turntables for cheap:

http://www.gufffurniture.com

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on March 12, 2015, 12:41:14 PM

I know you want something new, not vintage, but the next time you're in Toronto check this place out... it's a furniture store but they had all kinds of really high end vintage turntables for cheap:

http://www.gufffurniture.com

Should be there in April sometime and will definitely check it out. I'm not opposed to a vintage table as long as it's worthy of the price tag. I've thought about maybe a Technics 1200 but that could run me more in the $800 range and that would be lucky.

Augustus

I have the Pro-Ject Debut III and I love it.
Setup is super easy as is swapping out carts.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Augustus on March 12, 2015, 02:49:07 PM
I have the Pro-Ject Debut III and I love it.
Setup is super easy as is swapping out carts.

Good to hear, that's the model I'm looking at.
Looks super simple and I've yet to see a bad review when compared to other tables in it's price range.
But I'm really surprised at all the rave reviews of the AT-LP120.

Buffalo Budd

Buffalo Budd