News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MARCH MADNESS!

Started by antelope19, March 17, 2011, 06:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Nah, we were up on the bridge. Which is freakin' cool. Reminded me of the Green Monster seats at Fenway.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

runawayjimbo

It's not a billion, but this guy's oversight end up costing him $100k. Ouch.

http://deadspin.com/poor-schmo-forgets-to-pick-bracket-winner-costs-himsel-1560096673

Poor Schmo Forgets To Pick Bracket Winner, Costs Himself Shot At $100K

This is the worst bracket ever filled out. Which is to say it's an excellent bracket. Corey nailed 11 of the Sweet 16 teams, seven of the Elite Eight, three of the Final Four, and has a UConn-Kentucky championship game. Except Corey forgot to pick a winner. [Update: We talked to Corey.]

Corey currently sits tied for fourth in Yahoo's billion-dollar bracket challenge group. That billion is long gone, but the creators of the 20 highest-scoring brackets each receive $100,000. If Corey correctly picked the winner for tonight's tournament final, he'd be in the money. But Corey didn't correctly pick the winner, because he didn't pick any winner, and his bracket is long locked. There will be no money for Corey, because no matter who wins, he'll be leapfrogged by more than 20 people who did select a champion.

Corey's bracket is named "Corey's Champion Bracket."

Corey, wherever you are, you have our sympathies.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

I see you were the winner, jimbo. Congrats. Enjoy your moment in the sun.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 08, 2014, 01:43:01 PM

Thanks. I'll PM you guys a Paypal link so you can send me your $50 (it was $50, right?)

pcr3

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 09, 2014, 12:09:14 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 08, 2014, 01:43:01 PM

Thanks. I'll PM you guys a Paypal link so you can send me your $50 (it was $50, right?)

I remember it being the same as the fantasy football league. So, whatever that was.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VDB

South Carolina women's hoops in the Final Four for the first time ever!

Anyone?

Hello?

*crickets*
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Regardless of who wins tonight....I still hate duke
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on April 06, 2015, 11:18:12 PM
Regardless of who wins tonight....I still hate duke

Pretty much.  :x
Is this still Wombat?

zimbra

BUMP!

It's that time again  :beers:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

susep

epic ending last night, woo-hoo!  Wildcats! :clap:

emay

pretty sure all my UNC friends are retiring from sports now since 75% of them are also panthers fans. tough year for NC

runawayjimbo

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/College-Basketball/2016/04/07/North-Carolina-fan-petitions-NCAA-to-overturn-Villanova-win/7581460049616/?spt=su&or=btn_tw

North Carolina fan petitions NCAA to overturn Villanova win

CHAPEL HILL, N.C., April 7 (UPI) -- North Carolina's basketball program took a viscous knockout Monday, but it isn't the only party feeling woozy.

Even the school mascot was punched to the ground after the national championship loss to Villanova.

And fans want answers. But one supporter is taking extraordinary steps, making a petition for the NCAA to overturn the ruling of the 77-74 Wildcats' win.

"This game was poorly officiated from the tip off to the end," wrote Michael Kline, on Change.org. "It was a one sided called game all the way through. The officials called fouls against UNC that should have not been called and never called Villanova for the fouls they committed. The officials never called Villanova for multiple travel violations either. Also I want a complete investigation into the officials as it was them that decided the game not who played better."

The petition has 648 signatures, with a goal of 1,000.

Kline's letter on the site reads as follows: "I want the UNC/Villanova NCAA Championship game overturned due to oblivious poor officiating throughout the whole game. Thee officials should be fired and put under investigation."

The petition also has several comments from a poster with the screen name "Tyler Hansbrough," from Pleasant Hill, NC.

Hansbrough, 30, was selected No. 13 in the 2009 NBA Draft by the Indiana Pacers after 20.2 points and 8.6 assists per game in four years at North Carolina.

Villanova's Kris Jenkins hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the second championship in the school's history.