News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Final 4 - 2-Jimi Hendrix v 1-Grateful Dead

Started by UncleEbinezer, April 05, 2011, 10:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

mistercharlie

I like pot more than acid.

in other words:  :syf:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

I like acid more than pot

in other words:  :syf:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

MeltMe

nothing i see can be taken from me...

rowjimmy

Jimi hasn't a chance of a comeback.

I think we can go ahead and close the polls...

Igbo

This was the only category i voted as a fan and no other reason.

:syf:

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 06, 2011, 08:33:47 AM

neither does garcia!

oh, wait. you mean in this poll.

susep

Quote from: cactusfan on April 06, 2011, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 06, 2011, 08:33:47 AM

neither does garcia!

oh, wait. you mean in this poll.

its funny because if you compare Hendrix/Garcia from say '65/66 to 1970 in terms of technique and music Jimi was light years ahead of Captain Jer.  The Dead's saving grace was their longevity something Hendrix couldn't grasp unfortunately.   

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Quote from: slslbs on April 06, 2011, 04:12:45 PM
imo it was also the band interaction.

I agree the  :syf: gestalt was far greater then the Jimi Hendrix Experience and his various side projects i.e Gypsys Suns and Rainbows/Band of Gypsys.  Had Jimi lived I'm sure he would have expanded his ever evolving gestalt, supposedly he had sessions booked w/ Gil Evans for the Fall of 1970 before his untimely death.  Like my appreciation for harmony vocals, I too appreciate more then one individual gestalt(however I still voted for Jimi :wink:). 

Hicks

Quote from: susep73 on April 06, 2011, 06:48:39 PM
Quote from: slslbs on April 06, 2011, 04:12:45 PM
imo it was also the band interaction.

I agree the  :syf: gestalt was far greater then the Jimi Hendrix Experience and his various side projects i.e Gypsys Suns and Rainbows/Band of Gypsys.  Had Jimi lived I'm sure he would have expanded his ever evolving gestalt, supposedly he had sessions booked w/ Gil Evans for the Fall of 1970 before his untimely death.  Like my appreciation for harmony vocals, I too appreciate more then one individual gestalt(however I still voted for Jimi :wink:).

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.   :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

Quote from: Hicks on April 06, 2011, 07:02:37 PM

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.   :wink:

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.