News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

do you think i need a new router or am i missing something?

Started by VA $l!m, November 21, 2015, 03:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

sucks o only have 1 device to test the connection on. theoretically i guess there could be an issue with my ps4 isntead of the router... though i dont think so.
i might have to get off my ass and finally try to fix the woreless drivers on my laptop again which ive been putting off all year, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

well, firmware is up to date.
didnt help.
not sure what my next move is.

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 23, 2015, 08:56:18 PM
didnt help.

Buy a router somewhere with a liberal return policy?  That way at least you can test with a new router and if that doesn't fix it, you're no worse off?  I dunno though, if you're laptop has out of date drivers or OS, I'd prob delve deeper into that. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 23, 2015, 10:47:47 PM
didnt help.

Buy a router somewhere with a liberal return policy?  That way at least you can test with a new router and if that doesn't fix it, you're no worse off?  I dunno though, if you're laptop has out of date drivers or OS, I'd prob delve deeper into that.

Pretty solid advice.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 23, 2015, 10:47:47 PM
didnt help.

yeah ,  pretty much what i was thinkin to do.
gonna try to work on the laptop for the next few days and then maybe hit a black fri sale if i cant get anywhere with that.

VA $l!m

well, looks like it was the router.
i went up to best buy today and caught a break since they siad theyd let me return for full refund within 2 weeks on a new router and i grabbed one from the shelf they forgot to remove black friday half price so they had to give it to me for 50 instead of 100.
came home, quick setup and BAM! full friggin speeds! 100% of my wired speed, hellz yeah! super fast.

so glad i cought a break too after tryin to mess with my laptop today i think it completely fried and wont even turn on now. i was gettin sorta bummed,
i gotz games now, which is all that really matters  :mrgreen:  tho i might be back to playin cds til i figure out wtf with my laptop, lol.