News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/06 - The Gorge - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, August 07, 2011, 02:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Phish
08/06/2011
The Gorge,
George, Washington

SET 1: Possum, The Moma Dance > Sample in a Jar > Limb By Limb, Ocelot, Poor Heart, On Your Way Down, Wolfman's
           Brother#>Maze, Wilson, Fluffhead

SET 2: Chalkdust Torture>Tweezer>Caspian>Sand>Tweezer>Birds of a Feather, Waste, Golden Age, REBA>Antelope*

ENCORE: Suzy Greenberg>Sanity>Tweeprise

# Heartbreaker Jam
* With Whistling intro from Reba, also treased Sand and Tweezer in intro. Also had Golden Age trease in body.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

guyforget

w/out having heard a note, or having read a single word of the LST

looks great on paper, to me.  looks like an oldschool phish show. 
-AD_

redrum

sup kids? looks pretty solid.
i got home during antelope and caught the encore too. mbird was watchn the stream.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

emay

Second set/encore looks funnn!!  :rawk:

Caravan2001

shit was dope....my brain is not at full capacity right now, but there was some great stuff tonight....They couldn't get Sand started, but once they did it was sick...There was a couple of times the train left the tracks and the Reba reprise was rough, but all in all it was sick...The Reba jam was money, so was Antelope....Fluffhead had some sick parts to it as well....oh yeah, and Tweezer was cool....can't wait to listen....

Caravan2001

::tumbleweeds::

It's a ghost town around here...Isn't anyone else sitting alone in their hotel room watching the walls breathe?

mistercharlie

Quote from: guyforget on August 07, 2011, 02:59:12 AM
w/out having heard a note, or having read a single word of the LST

looks great on paper, to me.  looks like an oldschool phish show.

This.

I can't wait to give that second set a listen.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 07, 2011, 05:57:23 AM

It's a ghost town around here...Isn't anyone else sitting alone in their hotel room watching the walls breathe?

lolz, sorry buddy wish I could have been there to stare at the walls into the wee hours.

Looks like a fun second set.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

rowjimmy

Lulz

emay

Lol^

This second set is sickkk :rawk: :banana:
Trey brings some nice funk-plinko licks in sand!
I really like how their jams are sounding for this leg. Its less loops/space/plinko and some focused funk jams, esp this night.
Cant wait to get to the reba > antelope

barnesy305

Hahaha these walls are making me thirsty!!

whatapiper

After the 5th I was a bit underwhelmed but last nights 2nd set was h33t.  The segues are nothing to complain about and going back into Tweezer was $$. Heartbreaker jam was nice touch and the Reba/ Antelope combo to close the 2nd was great surprise.  Toss in a triple encore with Sanity and ladies and gents we have a great set.

Golden Age is solid too, that was my first experience live.

Coming off about 4 hours sleep over the whole weekend, grabbing my son and headed to Tahoe.

Good to run into WTU? In the pit on the 5th and Caravan while brief heading into the venue.

My only real complaint over the weekend was the dirty ass scene we have, shakedown was a balloon littered disaster, it's a shame no one can clean up after themselves.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Caravan2001

Glad we ran into each other man!

I thought the show was good...The jam in Ocelot starts out with Trey not even playing, but eventually gets nasty-- a great version of Ocelot...They are really playing better than I have seen them in 3.0 and the Cal shows should be amazeballs......

Caravan2001