News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rick Perry

Started by VDB, August 16, 2011, 09:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

I'd try to pour salt on him, but secret service would probably tackle me first.

qop24

Quote from: kellerb on December 09, 2011, 09:43:23 PM
I'd try to pour salt on him, but secret service would probably tackle me first.

shhhhh.....they're watching....
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

VDB

Rick Perry likens homosexuality to alcoholism.

QuotePerry was asked by the event's moderator if he considered homosexuality to be a disorder. Perry responded, "Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that. I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way."

So you see -- even if you're born gay, you can just choose not to be gay! You can fight that genetic disorder and live a responsible, sober, penis-vagina-sex life, just like the rest of us!

This article, by the way, also contains some classic Fox Newsiness.

QuoteTexas Gov. Rick Perry reportedly caused a stir Wednesday evening by comparing homosexuality to alcoholism at an event in San Francisco.

"Reportedly." Nice hedge there. If this had been one of FN's usual targets, it would have been more blunt and accusatory: "Nancy Pelosi caused a stir by saying she will kill all your fetuses."

Quote[T]he Texas Republican Party's approval of platform language allowing Texans to to seek voluntary counseling to "cure" being gay.

In going out of their way to emphasize that we're just talking about "voluntary" counseling here -- personal liberty! freedom! -- FN predictably misses the point. No one was accusing the Texas GOP of wanting to mandate "pray away the gay" sessions for homosexuals. We were accusing the Texas GOP of being hateful, backward, ignorant douches for embracing this ludicrous concept in the first place.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

My hope is that the Texas GOP keeps getting crazier so Wendy Davis has a real shot of winning.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Also, just wanted to quote this for posterity.  :evil:

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 16, 2011, 08:50:19 PM
I don't see how he doesn't win the nomination
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on June 12, 2014, 12:45:37 PM
Also, just wanted to quote this for posterity.  :evil:

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 16, 2011, 08:50:19 PM
I don't see how he doesn't win the nomination

To be fair, that was *before* he opened his mouth. Once that happened, he was wholly disqualified.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

QuoteGov. Rick Perry admitted he fumbled the ball when he recently compared homosexuality to alcoholism.

"I stepped right in it," the Texas Republican said Thursday at an event sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor, which also aired on C-SPAN.

The potential presidential candidate, who was unsuccessful in his 2012 White House bid, didn't necessarily distance himself from the comments or apologize, but said he'd rather be talking about other issues.

"A lot of these issues need to be decided at the state level."

"I think the social issues should be decided state-by-state rather than being something in Washington, D.C. to try to make one-size-fits-all."

So Perry doesn't want to be asked about this anymore because he thinks it's an issue for the states.

Well guess what numbnuts... you are the governor... of a state.

(via)
Is this still Wombat?