News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Redskins

Started by antelope19, October 31, 2005, 01:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Im pissed!!!!!!!!!  Are you kidding me???  36-0 :-o, I have long been a skins fan, but this was just plain embarassing.  Sitting at the bar yesterday was a disgrace.   :evil: :x
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

First reg season Shutout of J. Gibbs EVER.

raiders won. :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

antelope19

Looks to me like the road for us ain't gettin' any easier.  But I think with the way Mcnabb looked last week, we have a chance to win.  But it certainly won't be easy.  :|

VA $l!m

IMO, this NFL season has had the most parody and balance overall of any season i can remember.

ALmost every team could beat another on any given day.

Houston & SF might be the only two exceptions.

mattstick

parody:  A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.

parity:  Equality, as in amount, status, or value.

:-D

VA $l!m

guess i 'll stick to using small words until i take my shower and wake up.

antelope19

:-D, you guys are funny, I would agree with the statement of equality, hence SF beating a much better team in Tampa Bay this weekend.  And finally, a NFC least that can compete, like the old days!!!!!!  However, there are some god awful divisions this year as well. The NFC north is pathetic, Minnesota w/no culpepper, ouch!!!  Brett "5 interceptions" Favre with a banged up team, and Jeff "T.O. thinks Im gay, but secretly I date playboy bunnies" Garcia, while a step up for the lions, until Roy Williams gets back, they are hurtin too.  But how 'bout Da Bears!!!!  Their Defense is nasty this year.  Also, did you see the score to last nights game???  Whats up with the ravens minus Ed Reed and Ray Lewis giving the steelers a run for their money???

VA $l!m

yeah , that game last night , had the exact same feel of the sunday night game...when buffalo almost gave new england their 1st back to back losses in 40 games...of course the scrubs folded in both cases, but its definitely one of those years where i wouldn't count my chickens untill their hatched , esp as far as playoff and super bowl hopes go.
unlike last year, when i was ready in October to put  up the mortgage  on my house  to bet on the PATs winning it all.

antelope19

I would say that would have been a pretty safe bet :roll:  However, both the AFC and NFC are completely up in the air as of right now.  I would say Indy has a pretty good handle on things, but then again, Peyton plays his nemesis on monday night next week.  I believe Brady is 6-0 against the Colts.  Plus you have the Bengals, Steelers, and Broncos all with legit arguments.  As far as the NFC goes, I think Seattle, the NY Football Giants, Falcons and Panthers all have a good shot at it.  Even the bears with that defense will give some teams a run for there $$$$$.  But ya, I wouldn't be booking any flights to Vegas with the title to your house in hand any time soon this year.  :-D  So Im guessing you're a Raiders fan by your previous post???  They look to be turning things around out there.  They had some damn close losses early in the year.  Sorry.  If moss can get healthy, and the way porter, Collins, and Jordan are playing, they could have a good shot also.   

VA $l!m

well, its a 'slightly' better year for the raiders this year, than last.  when GAnnon went down last year, our season was basically over.
though the fact that Kerry collins is our QB now makes me cringe, and i don't like Norv Turner , sort of kills my enthusiasm... Plus Charles Woodson ending his season w/ a broken leg last week doesn't help our iffy D either.

jordan has been a great pickup at R.back, and w/ moss  and porter at WR i can't complain...except about the QB and couch which are ruining everything...but the 1st part of our schedule was tough, and we were really only a couple of plays away from a couple more key wins, so all is not lost yet(knock on wood :wink:).

DA RAIDAAZZ!!  :evil:

slim(lifetime fan). :mrgreen:

antelope19

Did you own one of those "Starter Jackets"???   :-)

jephrey

I am the resident Bears fan.  1st place baby!  Hate the packers.  No worries about the ViQUEENS.  And the Lions fought the Bears when Garcia was out there, but he still got intercepted in OT for the Bears' win.  Everyone says the NFC north is crap but don't be surprised when the Bears start winning outside the division in magical displays of defense and a quickly maturing QB.  Remember, it's the 20th anniversary of a fairly similar Bears team and the greatest team of all time.  I mean, how many teams can sing the super bowl shuffle, knowing they are going to beat the living crap out of the competition?  Great defense, good running game (Jones has had a few 100 yarders) although no comparison to Payton, and an offense that although not the greatest, can get it done and shows signs of improvement weekly.  Bears all the way!

Jejphrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

I am sooooo lgad I slept in on sunday and then left for the vegoose fairgrounds rather than watch the second half. This from a hardcore skins fan who watched every game in his Darrell Green jersey.

How mortifying. Especially since that the team we know we have should have, at the minimum, been competitive against the Giants. Same for Philthy this weekend. We SHOULD be able to compete and even win but...

The NFL is fixed.

You may think i'm just giving sour grapes but slim will remember, Freddy used to say the same thing and I've long since come to believe that he was right.

antelope19

20th Anniversary it may be, but today I heard some analysts on ESPN comparing the Bears more to the Ravens when they won it.  Solid defense, and a QB who doesn't make too many mistakes.  But who knows, This year is still way up in the air.  Big Props go out to Rowjimmy for wearing his darrell green jersey.  I love the skins, have ever since I was a kid born in Annapolis, Md, but even if you hate the skins, you can't talk shit about Darrell.  He represented everything good in football.  He was humble and always gave 100% and was DAMN GOOD at what he did.  Not to mention the interception return for a touchdown against none other than those Bears in the playoffs eons ago.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  What a happy moment in my young life that was!!!!!!

rowjimmy

Lets hear the love for my boys today!
They stepped up and closed the deal on philly, last night.
what a relief.