Author Topic: !!!NBA!!!  (Read 13882 times)

Online Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
Re: !!!NBA!!!
« Reply #330 on: June 20, 2016, 04:33:57 PM »
I'm sure it meant a lot to him and the people of Northern Ohio and it is good to see their "curse" has been broken. 

there are a lot of people here in Ohio that will tell you 'fuck Cleveland' and they wish the curse was still on them.
fascinating to me that these people won't support their home in stuffs like this.

I still can't call myself an Ohioan; it's just something in me... I bleed Blue.

Fixed my post I guess?

Things are different in Oregon, the whole state roots for the Blazers.  But then again it's the only professional sports team the entire state has unless you count soccer, which I don't. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline alcoholandcoffeebeans

• In the Band
  • would rather yell and spit.
« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2016, 04:35:55 PM »
no need to fix it, just making a comment on observations here as of late...
Lots of Kentucky people cheer on Cincinnati in professional sports seeing as the
only important thing in sports in the state is Kentucky Basketball  :evil:
honest to the point of recklessness...

♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Offline ytowndan

• Stole The Book
  • Media Center Admin
  • In the Band
    • My List
« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »
I'm sure it meant a lot to him and the people of Northern Ohio and it is good to see their "curse" has been broken. 

there are a lot of people here in Ohio that will tell you 'fuck Cleveland' and they wish the curse was still on them.
fascinating to me that these people won't support their home in stuffs like this.

I still can't call myself an Ohioan; it's just something in me... I bleed Blue.

Fixed my post I guess?

Things are different in Oregon, the whole state roots for the Blazers.  But then again it's the only professional sports team the entire state has unless you count soccer, which I don't.

Personally, I really couldn't care less.  I've never really felt any sense of loyalty to any team(s) in particular.  I just want to see a good game/series.  It was pretty awesome because of the history that was made, but I'd honestly be saying that about any team which pulled off a 3-1 comeback in the finals. 

As for NE Ohio as a whole, out of those who actually care one way or the other, I'd guess it's about 50/50 haters and fans.  That's entirely anecdotal -- so take it with a grain of salt.  But, for the fans, it's the best thing ever.  Understandably so. 
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.