Where's the stage? Spurious Generalities > Sports Talk

Skateboarding Thread

(1/5) > >>

emay:
So, I know a lot of you probably arent big into skateboarding but I used to skateboard like it was my religion in middle - high school and still love to hit up a couple parks here in MD when I have to the time.
Here are some of my fav skateboard parts that get me pumped before skating. Please share any you enjoy as well

Caravan2001:
Yeah man, nice thread, that Andrew Reynolds video stoked me.  I have been skating since I was 6, I freaking love it.  I don't get out to skate as much as I would like because I am old and I make excuses.  I used to skate everything, but now I am lucky if I get to the park three times a year.  Can't remember the last time I skated curbs or a ditch.  Funny thing is, when I was coming up, all the parks were closed and it was all ramps and street.  We were dying for pools.  Now I live where there are literally more parks than anywhere in the world and sick skaters too.  I need to take more advantage of it, I never make the effort.  Plus my 5 year old is begging me to teach her.  I take her to watch sessions by our house and she loves it.  This is the park closest to my house that I normally skate:

Superfreakie:
If only we had things like that back in my day. Same thing with ski jumps. You used to build a little kicker and the ski patrol were all over that shit. Nowadays they bust out groomers and build table tops that will fire you to the moon. Things change indeed.   

I still remember the day when I saw my first double tail board. Revolutionary!!

We built a half pipe in my yard, coping was PVC pipe and we surfaced it with that fake wood pressboard you used to panel rooms with. It was slick as fuck. And if you didn't bang down the nail heads that would start to pop up every now and again, you were in for a rude awakening. Regrettably, i forgot to cover it one night when it rained and it buckled something fierce. Then a neighbourhood kid broke his arm, so my Dad, fearing a lawsuit, said that's that and we took it down.   

Caravan2001:

--- Quote from: Superfreakie on October 06, 2012, 12:47:15 AM ---If only we had things like that back in my day. Same thing with ski jumps. You used to build a little kicker and the ski patrol were all over that shit. Nowadays they bust out groomers and build table tops that will fire you to the moon. Things change indeed.   

We built a half pipe in my yard, coping was PVC pipe and we surfaced it with that fake wood pressboard you used to panel rooms with. It was slick as fuck. And if you didn't bang down the nail heads that would start to pop up every now and again, you were in for a rude awakening. Regrettably, i forgot to cover it one night when it rained and it buckled something fierce. Then a neighbourhood kid broke his arm, so my Dad, fearing a lawsuit, said that's that and we took it down.

--- End quote ---

Yep, those days were all about pvc coping and masonite. I had a hipper on both sides for like 3 years....

Superfreakie:

--- Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 06, 2012, 01:07:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: Superfreakie on October 06, 2012, 12:47:15 AM ---If only we had things like that back in my day. Same thing with ski jumps. You used to build a little kicker and the ski patrol were all over that shit. Nowadays they bust out groomers and build table tops that will fire you to the moon. Things change indeed.   

--- End quote ---

Yep, those days were all about pvc coping and masonite. I had a hipper on both sides for like 3 years....

--- End quote ---

MASONITE!!! That's the word I was looking for, haven't heard that word in 20 years. That shit was expensive.

::Love having the old skool cat back on the 'paug::   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version