News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 07, 2016, 11:36:43 PM
Quote from: mbw on July 07, 2016, 11:03:42 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 07, 2016, 10:50:52 PM
Quote from: mbw on July 07, 2016, 10:47:28 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 07, 2016, 10:43:07 PM
FUCK

Yep.  A lynching thrown in for good measure too.

I don't know what that means but it's cynical as fuck, dude.

It means a dude was lynched in Atlanta

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-body-found-in-piedmont-park-a-suicide-victi/nrtJq/

Quotethe scene was consistent with a suicide

QuoteEverything we have seen suggests that there was no foul play involved

Up to 10 DPD officers shot, 3 dead BTW.

Black dudes always hang themselves from trees in the south.  But i mean, if the cops say so...

PIE-GUY

Sniper situation in Dallas is fucked. I'm on the side of peace always. Apparently they've got the shooter trapped in a building in a standoff right now.

Fucking guns. Too many fucking guns. 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 07, 2016, 11:47:56 PM
Fucking guns. Too many fucking guns.

Yep.  Something really needs to be done...but it won't, of course. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on July 07, 2016, 11:42:36 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 07, 2016, 11:36:43 PM
Quote from: mbw on July 07, 2016, 11:03:42 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 07, 2016, 10:50:52 PM
Quote from: mbw on July 07, 2016, 10:47:28 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 07, 2016, 10:43:07 PM
FUCK

Yep.  A lynching thrown in for good measure too.

I don't know what that means but it's cynical as fuck, dude.

It means a dude was lynched in Atlanta

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-body-found-in-piedmont-park-a-suicide-victi/nrtJq/

Quotethe scene was consistent with a suicide

QuoteEverything we have seen suggests that there was no foul play involved

Up to 10 DPD officers shot, 3 dead BTW.

Black dudes always hang themselves from trees in the south.  But i mean, if the cops say so...

Yup. And when a black dude dies in the south, it's obviously because they are all sister-fucking, dumb as rocks, lynching mother fuckers down there. But I mean, if Daily Kos says so...
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

mattstick

The 2nd amendment and gun lobby are bullshit obstacles to a very serious problem.  Figure it out.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on July 08, 2016, 09:23:06 AM

The 2nd amendment and gun lobby are bullshit obstacles to a very serious problem.  Figure it out.

no offense, but you have fairly similar access to guns up there in Canadia with nowhere near the gun violence problem. Our issues are much deeper than the 2nd amendment.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 08, 2016, 09:30:04 AM

no offense, but you have fairly similar access to guns up there in Canadia with nowhere near the gun violence problem. Our issues are much deeper than the 2nd amendment.

While I agree with you PG in part on this, Canadians have much stricter gun laws in that we can't obtain assault rifles. Registered gun owners can't carry hand guns around unless they are going straight to the gun range (as in can't even stop to grab a coffee or fill the tank with gas on the way). Every gun has to be under lock and key at your residence when not in use. There are quite a few safeguards put in place.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Maybe, but you'll never know if these are deeper problems until you cut off easy access to firearms.

PIE-GUY

Still, the problems we're facing are so much deeper than the 2nd Amendment. Yes, we should enact much much stricter gun regulations. Not arguing against that at all. In fact I will always argue FOR that.

But there will never be a time that our police officers are not armed. Far more urgent than gun control laws is a need to train cops NOT TO USE those weapons quite so readily. It's insane.

Marvin Gaye sang about "trigger happy policing" in 1971. This is not a new issue.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 08, 2016, 09:30:04 AM

What he said.

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 08, 2016, 09:53:37 AM
Far more urgent than gun control laws is a need to train cops NOT TO USE those weapons quite so readily. It's insane.

Marvin Gaye sang about "trigger happy policing" in 1971. This is not a new issue.

Him too.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 08, 2016, 09:53:37 AM
Still, the problems we're facing are so much deeper than the 2nd Amendment. Yes, we should enact much much stricter gun regulations. Not arguing against that at all. In fact I will always argue FOR that.

But there will never be a time that our police officers are not armed. Far more urgent than gun control laws is a need to train cops NOT TO USE those weapons quite so readily. It's insane.

I agree 100% PG. I will also point out that I was totally dumbfounded that one of these victims happened to have a pistol in his pocket. That just seems so foreign to me. I get it, 2nd amendment and all that, but I just don't see the point. It would be unnerving to me every time I'm out, some dude who loses his shit could have the option of pulling a gun on me or my family. It just doesn't compute.
None of this is to say the officer handled that situation properly, trust me.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Wait, so more people carrying around guns isnt making us safer? Its actually doing the opposite?

TIME TO WAKE UP

Didnt see any NRA reps go rush to defend those two African Americans rights to carry guns when one even had a carry permit....backwards ass system

PIE-GUY

Well, yeah - carrying a weapon with you in the car or wherever is strange to me, too. I can't imagine doing it. I know many people in Texas who do, though... and they will tell you that when they get pulled over they do EXACTLY what Philando Castile did. They tell the officer immediately that they have a licensed firearm in the car. It's what you're SUPPOSED to do.

emay

Yeah and his right to bear arms (and a complete dumbass of a cop) pretty much contributed to his death.

Thought this article was interesting

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/alton-sterling-philando-castile-2nd-amendment-guns/490301/