News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/22 - Starlight Theatre - Kansas City, MO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, August 23, 2012, 12:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Just a little armchair quarterbacking here, glad y'all enjoyed it of course. Sucks about the car trouble, KoP!
Is this still Wombat?

Thrillhouse

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 23, 2012, 09:50:53 AM
Just a little armchair quarterbacking here, glad y'all enjoyed it of course. Sucks about the car trouble, KoP!

it was surreal running away from a car smoking with gas that you just saw have its underside begin lighting on fire.....worst part, its my 17 year old sisters car.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

VDB

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on August 23, 2012, 09:59:46 AM

it was surreal running away from a car smoking with gas that you just saw have its underside begin lighting on fire.....worst part, its my 17 year old sisters car.

Bet the doses made that even more fun!
Is this still Wombat?

Undermind

Quote from: antelope19 on August 23, 2012, 09:19:57 AM
Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on August 23, 2012, 09:17:40 AM
WOW WHAT A FUCKING NIGHT!

The stash is where the money is in this one....tweezer is hot and the entire fucking show rocks.....1st set was just spectacular....

having said that heres the rest of the story.

My cars transmission caugh on fire when i was driving home last night from KC to STL....me and my friend pulled over when smoke and flames were coming out of the car at 3 30 in the middle of nowhere in Missouri....im from this state but god damnit is it horrid around here.
So then its me, and my friend john, 5 hits deep respectively waiting in "Kingdom City" missorui for about 3 hours, waiting for my mom to come pick us up.......I just got home and I am fucking exhausted.  Jenny, it was great meeting you I hope your trip home was better than mine.

im tired and raged out.....bed time

Oh and yes....it was totally worth it.

Damn dude. Glad you're ok
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Thrillhouse

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 23, 2012, 10:06:55 AM

Dirty is as dirty does.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

pcr3

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 23, 2012, 10:06:55 AM

:-D  Seems like that could go either way, depending on your attachment to the vehicle.

Glad to hear you're home and safe, if a bit tired.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

HammondOrganism

One thing I forgot to mention earlier, did anyone else that was there think the Heavy Things was alot better than normal. I know that is a Poppy song, but immediately when the solo part came, Page got pretty nasty on the baby grand. That to me was the highlight of the Hydrogen replacement tunes. Never thought I would be commenting on an above average Heavy Things, but my friend walked to the bathroom right before and wasn't around me during it and when he got back he had noticed it too.
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

Augustus

whatapiper

Quote from: Hicks on August 23, 2012, 12:01:23 PM

The last time I remember The Lolrus coming out was Broomfield 3. Pretty sure this is a better show than that. However, I have not heard a lick of last nights show so I will reserve any other comparison or judgments. Glad those in attendance had a great time.   
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

whatapiper

Loving this Tweezer after the first listen.   It is such a relief to hear how far Trey has come in terms of allowing ideas to develop and not completely smother of the jam.  This weekapaug while short has some pretty nice solo work from Trey, Mike and Page.
beginning to end
we belong

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

aphineday

Going back a bit here, but even after listening this holds true:

Quote from: sophist on August 23, 2012, 08:00:38 AM
on paper, this one looks like a shit sandwich to me.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

whatapiper

Anyone else listening to this tweezer?! This is absolutely beautiful to me.  This tweezer I love and it keeps this show from being any sort of a throwaway to me. Had they played a jam like this last summer I probably would have wet myself, actually I may have succeeded in that already.  I am extremely pumped for this weekend!   This is Phish!!!
beginning to end
we belong