News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/22 - Starlight Theatre - Kansas City, MO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, August 23, 2012, 12:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HammondOrganism

Quote from: whatapiper on August 24, 2012, 07:04:09 PM
Anyone else listening to this tweezer?! This is absolutely beautiful to me.  This tweezer I love and it keeps this show from being any sort of a throwaway to me. Had they played a jam like this last summer I probably would have wet myself, actually I may have succeeded in that already.  I am extremely pumped for this weekend!   This is Phish!!!

During the show I remember thinking that the Tweezer would be one of those jams that is better listening to in your car or with headphones than enjoying it live (although I loved it live as well) it is similar to the Dick's Tweezer in the fact that it isn't your normal danceable version. It is a much more beautiful Simple type jam. I also thought that because the Tweezer was that way, the Piper fit very well. It gave everyone the danceable jam that we usually get during Tweezer. Don't sleep on the Weekapaug either, for being only 8 minutes it sure was nasty.
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

emay

Quote from: HammondOrganism on August 24, 2012, 09:41:30 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on August 24, 2012, 07:04:09 PM
Anyone else listening to this tweezer?! This is absolutely beautiful to me.  This tweezer I love and it keeps this show from being any sort of a throwaway to me. Had they played a jam like this last summer I probably would have wet myself, actually I may have succeeded in that already.  I am extremely pumped for this weekend!   This is Phish!!!

During the show I remember thinking that the Tweezer would be one of those jams that is better listening to in your car or with headphones than enjoying it live (although I loved it live as well) it is similar to the Dick's Tweezer in the fact that it isn't your normal danceable version. It is a much more beautiful Simple type jam. I also thought that because the Tweezer was that way, the Piper fit very well. It gave everyone the danceable jam that we usually get during Tweezer. Don't sleep on the Weekapaug either, for being only 8 minutes it sure was nasty.

I was just coming here to post about how awesome this tweez is!
Beautiful indeed!  :music:
Notable jam for sure for this summer.

besides the 10 second intro jam to piper, the rest of it is played well too, only to be ripchorded into Mikes...wish they kept that groove going!

susep

listened to this Tweezer on my drive home for lunch.  its a nice version, nothing that blew my mind, typical(for 3.0) ambient wash for outro jam.  after all of the fluffer-nutters I thought I'd give it a listen to see how it really sounds.  again, 3.0 mediocrity.  thinking about emailing Shapiro to see when he'll begin offering whole tours(1.0) ala GD Europe 1972???

cactusfan

i like this Tweezer too. not a mediocrity. calls to mind in a sense the manner in which Ghost was often played in '00.

susep

Quote from: cactusfan on August 27, 2012, 09:21:51 PM
i like this Tweezer too. not a mediocrity. calls to mind in a sense the manner in which Ghost was often played in '00.

they should stop. 

Hicks

I enjoyed the mellow melodic quality of this Tweezer.

Not mind blowing, but certainly above average in terms of patience and listening on the part of Big Red.

Dunno if that makes up for playing Bouncin, BDTNL and Heavy Things in the middle of the second set though. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

cactusfan

Quote from: susep on August 27, 2012, 09:27:21 PM

they should stop.

phish should stop because you don't like this tweezer? i find your logic questionable.

susep

Quote from: cactusfan on August 28, 2012, 02:45:52 AM
Quote from: susep on August 27, 2012, 09:27:21 PM

they should stop.

phish should stop because you don't like this tweezer? i find your logic questionable.

Phish should stop because Trey can no longer play Phish music.  In short, they no longer jam into the unknown and, Trey no longer has the technique to play Split, Stash and other rippers that require the technique he used to have.

gainesvillegreen

I like Page's contribution to this Heavy Things, he makes an argument here that he should get some solo time on this song.

I'd give the Tweezer a B+ (they find a wonderful theme, but finish up about two octaves and two dynamic levels short). And as susep stated, there is that typical wash at the end which is cool if you are a space cadet, but doesn't do much for those who aren't. That said, I think I like it the best of any of the second leg Tweezer's I've listened to (I haven't heard the Charlotte version yet).
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.