News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 23, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
Good conversation with Lynne Lyman of the Drug Policy Alliance on CA's ambitious Prop 64.

great watch, thanks!
pretty interesting about all the licensing stuff.
sounds like they got a good grasp on things.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VDB

Spicer hints that feds could step up MJ enforcement.

I think this play would blow up in their faces. Public sentiment and the momentum are clear on this. Stepping all over state-level action could force Congressional Republicans to finally put their voting money where their states'-rights mouths are, which is something I think most would rather not have to go on the record doing.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VDB on February 24, 2017, 09:24:12 AM
Spicer hints that feds could step up MJ enforcement.

I think this play would blow up in their faces. Public sentiment and the momentum are clear on this. Stepping all over state-level action could force Congressional Republicans to finally put their voting money where their states'-rights mouths are, which is something I think most would rather not have to go on the record doing.

"States Rights" is code for allowing states to legislate oppression.
It's not a term that applies when the Feds can get away with the oppression.

Bobafett

A true business man would think that move is redonkulus.  Check in with Colorado on how this thing is working.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

pcr3

Quote from: Bobafett on February 24, 2017, 07:43:21 PM
A true business man would think that move is redonkulus.  Check in with Colorado on how this thing is working.

Except they're all getting paid by booze and pharma to keep reefer madness alive. Truly theatre of the absurd.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on February 25, 2017, 12:24:12 AM

Except they're all getting paid by booze and pharma to keep reefer madness alive. Truly theatre of the absurd.

You're forgetting the private prison industry that was literally built on prohibition.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

natronzero

Quote from: PGLHAH on February 25, 2017, 12:44:14 AM
Quote from: pcr3 on February 25, 2017, 12:24:12 AM

You're forgetting the private prison industry that was literally built on prohibition.

"Coincidentally"...
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/23/516916688/private-prisons-back-in-mix-for-federal-inmates-as-sessions-rescinds-order
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 24, 2017, 09:42:11 AM

"States Rights" is code for allowing states to legislate oppression.
It's not a term that applies when the Feds can get away with the oppression.

QFMFT
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Waiting 15 months is way too long for the average stoner.

runawayjimbo

I wonder what future Prime Minister Kevin O'Leary's position on weed is?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on March 28, 2017, 02:33:59 PM

Waiting 15 months is way too long for the average stoner.

But they'll get the joy of discovering that Canada is legalizing weed probably 4 or 5 times.   :smoke:

mattstick

sls.stormyrider

Just got this email. For those of you thinking you might want to become Jewish  (or travel to Israel)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."