News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars: Episode VII

Started by ytowndan, January 24, 2013, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

So in addition to VII, VIII & IX, there are also two spinoffs in the works. I sure hope one of them is the Boba Fett movie that's been talked about.

http://starwars.com/news/new-spinoff-films-set-to-expand-the-star-wars-galaxy.html

QuoteOne of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Thrillhouse

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 12, 2013, 06:15:24 PM
So in addition to VII, VIII & IX, there are also two spinoffs in the works. I sure hope one of them is the Boba Fett movie that's been talked about.

http://starwars.com/news/new-spinoff-films-set-to-expand-the-star-wars-galaxy.html

QuoteOne of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

I wouldn't hate seeing how chewie and Han met.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Bobafett

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on February 12, 2013, 06:56:54 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on February 12, 2013, 06:15:24 PM

.  Sounds like a good one to me.  I think they met in the kessel spice mines..
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VDB

QuoteOne of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

So is that supposed to be some kind of experiment in making one movie that could be awesome and one that could be atrocious?
Is this still Wombat?

ytowndan

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on February 13, 2013, 12:26:46 AM

QuoteOne of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

So is that supposed to be some kind of experiment in making one movie that could be awesome and one that could be atrocious?

Has there ever been so much "win" and "fail" in the same sentence? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on February 13, 2013, 12:26:46 AM

I think it means one is going to be a good, plot-driven movie and the other is going to be non-stop, plot-less action. I do hate those plot-less action movies, but I bet I might be able to tolerate one if it's fleshed out with characters that I already know enough about that I don't really need a plot.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

twatts

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on February 12, 2013, 06:56:54 PM

This question led me to here...  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo

...Solo then entered the Imperial Academy at Carida, serving with distinction. He was kicked out, however, when he stopped an Imperial officer from beating a Wookiee named Chewbacca with a neuronic whip for resisting capture. In gratitude, the Wookiee swore a life debt to Solo, protecting him with his life.

and then I lost a few hours of my life...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Hicks

Wedge: The Movie is gonna rule. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

They also need to make a blaxploitation Lando Calrissian film. With lots of snappy one-liners. And sex.
Is this still Wombat?

kellerb

Quote from: Hicks on February 13, 2013, 09:53:11 AM

As long as it's a bunch of interconnected stories where Wedge is never the main character, but just shows up halfway through.

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on February 13, 2013, 10:22:35 AM
They also need to make a blaxploitation Lando Calrissian film. With lots of snappy one-liners. And sex.

Does PepsiCo own Colt 45?  That would be an incredible merchandising tie-in.

zimbra

Quote from: kellerb on February 13, 2013, 10:43:41 AM
Quote from: Hicks on February 13, 2013, 09:53:11 AM

As long as it's a bunch of interconnected stories where Wedge is never the main character, but just shows up halfway through.

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on February 13, 2013, 10:22:35 AM

Does PepsiCo own Colt 45?  That would be an incredible merchandising tie-in.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zackonthetrain

i swear to god if  shi labuff is a jedi i will lose respect for this film
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

cactusfan

Harrison Ford is confirmed to be returning as Han Solo in episode VII.

so...yeah. maybe it'll be as good as Kingdom of The Crystal Skull.

blatboom

if Lucas was involved I'd share your apprehension but I'm giving JJ the benefit of the doubt. Really hoping they get Hamill and Fisher too

rowjimmy

Hamilton and Fisher have said they'd be interested. I doubt that Han Solo is probably not the protagonist if they're bringing in Harrison Ford at his age.