News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

9/1 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park- Denver, CO- Live Setlist Thread

Started by PIE-GUY, September 01, 2013, 10:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Let's do this...

Set 1: A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, Kill Devil Falls, Get Back on the Train, Rift, Meat, It's Ice, Guelah Papyrus, Divided Sky, Funky Bitch, Cavern, Stealing Time from a Faulty Plan > David Bowie

Set 2:  Carini, Birds of a Feather, Golden Age -> Fuckerpants > Piper, Boogie on Reggae Woman-> I Saw It Again, Mike's Song > Legalize It* > Week4paug Groove, Show of Lice, Suzy Greenberg**

Encore: Character Zero

* First time played
** Followed by Trey blubbering "from the bottom of our hearts."
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

runawayjimbo

Nice. Thought about pulling the trigger but very unlikely I'll be around all night.

I owe you one, PG
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Love ASIHTOS
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

PIE-GUY

per zzyzx:  Last ASIHTOS opener 6/17/04. First time played. Never again until tonight.

Marmar

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Hicks

Sweet, thanks for gettin it done PG, hopefully I can chill for the second set.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Marmar

pcr3

Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 01, 2013, 10:39:59 PM
Trey's enjoying himself tonight.

BOTT

I think anyone staring at a month and a half of vacation would be doing the same.

This sounds good.  :rockout:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Marmar

PIE-GUY

Just read the Phish.net review of last night - it's got some zingers!

"Bag" needs a second set jailbreak as badly as any tune in the repertoire.

"The Wedge" is a more obvious nod to the venue's Rocky Mountain-adjacent locale, and perhaps a bit rocky in its execution. A 5-minute "Halley's Comet" is phoned in, but the ensuing "Bathtub Gin" atones.

"46 Days" plays by the rules, likewise a too-brief "Steam" that spills into a "Free" that's well played -- but no cause for a letter home. "Joy" commits a setlist felony next with inexplicably awful placement. I actually like the song quite a bit, certainly more than most, but deep in a second set it's simply a floater in the punchbowl.

Yes, obviously, anybody expecting a Tahoe "Tweezer" redux is setting himself up for disappointment. But this version contains only about 120 seconds of interesting music at the tail end, where it gets interesting right before it gets kneecapped in favor of a standard reading of "Backwards Down the Number Line" that ties a bow on set two.

http://blog.phish.net/1378069979/dicks-night-two-recap-tobt2js4lcrggbhthfywab

Marmar

Bobafett

Very energetic by trey to start a song he usually fucks up.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

runawayjimbo