News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/27 - XL Center - Hartford, CT - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, October 27, 2013, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Quote from: Augustus on October 28, 2013, 09:26:25 AM
Quote from: sophist on October 28, 2013, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: Augustus on October 28, 2013, 01:49:19 AM
Nice seeing my Paug peeps.
Show was showy.
you went?

Chyeah!
Nice.  Glad to see you made it out to a show this tour. 

Quote from: PG on October 28, 2013, 09:26:14 AM
Quote from: sophist on October 28, 2013, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: Augustus on October 28, 2013, 01:49:19 AM
Nice seeing my Paug peeps.
Show was showy.
you went?

for some reason I pictured you just like this saying "You went?"

That's pretty spot on, only difference, I know one of my eye brows shot up as I asked this. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Marmar

Not bad.....sounds like they have some life left in em after all.....The Tweez and Golden Age are keepers. Fluff was a lil rough in spots for Trey.....

Only bitch: Jamz are being recycled......SPAC 2012 2001 = Hartford 2013 2001.......same jam, different effects.....dun dun, da dun dun, da dun dun......ahh well, can't have em all be new and fresh now can we.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Multibeast12

Don't remember that SPAC one but would surprise me. Still enjoyed the show. The whole second set and my buddy were waiting for the shit. Waiting for them to just play a shit song. Glad they didn't..

Also. Rock n Roll opener was so awesome. And the Fee > Maze was nasty. They killed the maze.  Such a sick show.

Insert Beer

Quote from: Marmar on October 28, 2013, 11:07:37 AM
Not bad.....sounds like they have some life left in em after all.....The Tweez and Golden Age are keepers. Fluff was a lil rough in spots for Trey.....

Only bitch: Jamz are being recycled......SPAC 2012 2001 = Hartford 2013 2001.......same jam, different effects.....dun dun, da dun dun, da dun dun......ahh well, can't have em all be new and fresh now can we.....

Also Sprach almost always sounds the same to me...pretty much the poster boy for cookie cutter Phish jam no?

Lifeboy

Soooo.... this Golden Age is REALLY fucking great.  :clap:

That is all.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

WhatstheUse?

Man this band makes me feel bi polar sometimes.

Had such a good time last night and made me forget how terrible of a time I had the night before!

Tweezer jam kinda reminded me of the Hampton Carini for a bit with a very similar I>IV jam. Thought trey ripped it on the birds jam, I was very impressed with some licks he was busting out. Also thought the 2001 was well above average for 3.0, almost fell apart a couple times but only cuz they were going for something different in the jam.
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 28, 2013, 12:44:11 PM

Had such a good time last night and made me forget how terrible of a time I had the night before!

Tweezer jam kinda reminded me of the Hampton Carini for a bit with a very similar I>IV jam. Thought trey ripped it on the birds jam, I was very impressed with some licks he was busting out. Also thought the 2001 was well above average for 3.0, almost fell apart a couple times but only cuz they were going for something different in the jam.

That's how I feel about Rochester > Glens Falls.  It was like night and day.  Everyone I talked to had a great time at Rochester, but I just didn't like the show.  I thought it was disjointed, and unfocused.  Definitely had numerous great moments, and I'm glad I finally got a Crosseyed, but on the whole... it just didn't click.  The sound sucked, the weird crowd, etc.

Making my way through this show bit by bit.  Rock and Roll opener was fucking AWESOME.  I was slightly disappointed that the ending of Rock and Roll went into the ending, instead of that descending chromatic bit leading to an even bigger Type II jam, but it was still fucking cool the way Fishman brought the refrain back under what Trey was playing. 

Walls was fucking NAILED compositionally.  Loved that.  The ending of the main lyrics before Fishman's drum break was just the way it should be done.  Just getting into the jam now.  Oh man!!!  Trey is fucking dextrous!!!  He's playing his guitar!!!

The lick from like 6:44 - 6:47 and then at 6:55 he nails a rapid-fire lick!!!  Trey shred!!!!  Its there!!!!

oh MAN!!!  7:11!!!!!!!!!!  FUCK!!!!!  HOLY SHIT!!!!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Hahaha YEAH Phish. 

Oh man, this might be a top-contender for wildest 3.0 Walls.  This jam is crazy!!!!  Page is KILLING it!!!

Trey's soloing is a little messier than the Hampton version, which had him connecting ideas in a more interesting way, but man... the energy of this one is hard to top, especially when he hits that Johnny B. Goode-ish style guitar lick at 10:00. 

its so great to hear Trey actually playing his guitar and doing things that are fucking cool and badass.  They were all over that jam. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

hmmmm.   End of Chalkdust was slightly odd.  Trey wanted to do the Summer '12 arrangement of the ending, but the rest of the guys weren't following.....

Seems Trey wanted to give Hartford a massive Type II Chalkdust, but the rest of the guys weren't paying attention

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 28, 2013, 12:44:11 PM

He's back!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Gumbo72203

omg this TWEEZER!!!

The Golden Age was fucking awesome as well.  These guys are making the coolest grooves this tour with their jams.  Thank god the noodle days are over for now. 

VDB

I enjoyed the relaxed Weekapaug jamming in Tweezer. As much as I'm a sucker for finishing up with a big rock peak, it's ok that this one stayed chill until the end. They even found a way to end it naturally and gently after it seemed like it was going to just lamely fizzle out instead. So I like that.

Rock and Roll was good too, about as expansive a show-opening jam as you're bound to hear nowadays.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

yeah heard a nice paug jam in tha tweez

golden age was nice n funky

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!