News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Apple Watch Thread

Started by mattstick, September 09, 2014, 02:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Anyone going to pre-order next month?

Looking at a 42mm SportWatch then maybe get a nicer band for my work day.

Sounds stupid but the past few days I've been thinking about how much time I waste pulling out my phone every time I get a notification... the Watch will kill a lot of those unnecessary distractions.

rowjimmy

I want one but don't see it in the cards this year before xmas.
We should also be talking about the sweet new MacBooks announced yesterday.

rowjimmy

tet

I'm intrigued and will try it out in a store before committing, but they definitely have potential.  I agree with mattstick in that it will reduce having to constantly check notifications on my phone all day. 

And yes, those new MacBooks are amazing.  I'm really hoping that Thunderbolt doesn't go the way of Firewire, as I love my Drobo...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mattstick on March 10, 2015, 08:44:44 AM

Anyone going to pre-order next month?

Looking at a 42mm SportWatch then maybe get a nicer band for my work day.

Sounds stupid but the past few days I've been thinking about how much time I waste pulling out my phone every time I get a notification... the Watch will kill a lot of those unnecessary distractions.

Yes, I am intrigued by the health/exercise monitoring aspects of this watch. I am looking at the same model, black band. One band will do. If it can truly do what it says it can do in terms of calories burned, memory of past activity, etc...it is pretty slick, and being a nurse I always need to count rhythms/rates so watches are a necessary evil.

That said, NOT thrilled this has to be charged daily, or tied into a minimum level of iPhone (obv trying to get one to propel the other and vice versa). The latter is particularly lame. They should be selling these to you for $49.99 whenever you upgrade on your phone if they want to do that nonsense.

But, I am in for this first round.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mattstick

Pre-ordered a 42mm Sport in Black, ships in June...

antelope19

Def interested to see how these go.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

tet

I'm still a couple of weeks out on my delivery window - hoping it shows up early but so far have not had any updates...

Anyone getting theirs today?
-Phish

mattstick

Got a huge teaser email from Apple saying my watch would ship in 4-6 weeks.

mattstick

tet

Quote from: mattstick on April 27, 2015, 04:37:13 PM
Got a huge teaser email from Apple saying my watch would ship in 4-6 weeks.

I didn't even get that - mine is one of the only models that still hasn't shipped to anyone...
-Phish

mattstick

Which model? Space Grey Sport 42mm?

tet

Quote from: mattstick on April 29, 2015, 10:40:24 AM

Which model? Space Grey Sport 42mm?

42mm SS w/ Link.  looks like some of the SG Sport are starting to ship at least... 
-Phish