News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - MGM Grand Arena - Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, November 01, 2014, 04:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPhishman

The cat funk is hilarious and awesome. And the birds! They attack!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

anthrax

can't get the "they attack" sound outta my head...listening to it again right now!

rowjimmy

Stayed up for the whole show and wow.
Second set was amazing.
Set three was shaky when it entered "song" territory. Trey was clearly in 'jam' mode. Skip Guyute and maybe PYITE.
Second set was amazing.

They Attack!

shoreline99

Second set was brilliant. Amazing. Would have loved to have been there. You're about to blast off!
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

birdman

Unbelievable show last night. 3rd set had some slop but, man, set 2 brought the goods.
Your trip is short....
Also the whole venue was getting down all night. Great energy in that building.
Ran into just about everyone yesterday. Great to finally meet Hicks. I'm coming out west more often
Paug FTMFW!

Superfreakie

Best Halloween EVER! Best Band ever!

I can't think of a better prank/gag put on by this band.

To put it succinctly, it was PERFECT.   

I'll forgive all the fall tour flubs, as they were clearly preparing and practicing for this. 

"Wouldn't it be great if they came out and played only jams"

An entire second set of my favorite band playing sick grooves I have never heard. With trippy sampling. That won't happen again anytime soon. 

:phish:

Quote from: birdman on November 01, 2014, 03:47:11 PM
Your trip is short....
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 01, 2014, 04:48:04 PM
Best Halloween EVER! Best Band ever!

I can't think of a better prank/gag put on by this band.

To put it succinctly, it was PERFECT.   

I'll forgive all the fall tour flubs, as they were clearly preparing and practicing for this. 

"Wouldn't it be great if they came out and played only jams"

An entire second set of my favorite band playing sick grooves I have never heard. With trippy sampling. That won't happen again anytime soon. 

:phish:

Quote from: birdman on November 01, 2014, 03:47:11 PM
Your trip is short....

Da  :phish: won SF over again.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Loved the free stream and what I heard last night.  I told you all that the second set would just be jamz... :-D

Heading into the Cap to see Phil in about 2 hours.  Pumped I'll be able to come back to the hotel and listen to whatever they put out tonight.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VDB

Just watched the second set. Creative, original, awesome. So they can still surprise us after all these years...
Is this still Wombat?

messengerbird

Amazing show from beginning to end. And I saw a bunch of friends getting down on the webcast. Looks like everyone had a blast.
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: messengerbird on November 01, 2014, 06:18:13 PM
Amazing show from beginning to end. And I saw a bunch of friends getting down on the webcast. Looks like everyone had a blast.

Wish so bad I was there!!!  :crazy:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Just watched set II on the big screen (thank you xbox & youtube app) while the wife did her make-up for a halloween party...

That was the most captivating set I've seen from them since 1.0. I was enthralled.  Just great playing and perfectly Phishy.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

susep

Last night was indeed epic.  I crashed out after the second set however I was smiling and grooving hard here in my living room watching the stream.  I was really hoping they were going to string jams through that LP, sure enough they did.  Trey sounded his funkiest best in that second set. 
It was very cool and exciting to see them do something theatrical as well, it reminded me of something they might have done in the early days at Nectar's or some intimate venue in rural Vermont.  Nice job Phish, thank you!!!

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.